Who else believes in doing this?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I have a ball doing this. The last time we were together and bought someone's meal, it was a young couple with a couple kiddo's. I walked over to the table and ask if I could see his check for a second and he looked at me puzzled and said sure. I took it and walked off, while the young lady ask who is that and what is he doing? As I walked past them leaving they sat their with silly looks on their faces. We try to do this at least once a week. There is no way to get more in your hand if you have it closed tightly on what you currently have.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not trying to demean what you do, but why do you not directly give to people in need? is it just a personal belief of some sort? I am just curious of the reason, not saying it's right or wrong. Just curious!

I guess that I should have worded that statement better. I can see where you would interpret it that way. I'm not against donating to individuals in need. This is just the method we use(through payroll deduction) and have been doing so for many years through good times and bad. If I personally know a person in need and they are trying to help themselves, then I don't mind helping at all.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a long work week and I needed this thread.

A service member from the Stillwater area was wounded last week in Iraq and we are taking a collection to help the family with expenses. My suggestion? Give until it hurts. Then give some more and keep giving until the hurt starts to feel good. God bless our troops.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One example of something I do I got from my Grandfather...

I make a point to take the change I have every time I leave a store and drop the pennies in the parking lot as I'm walking back to my car. My hopes are that kids (they're lower to the ground ya know) who are walking along will spot them and pick them up and have a 'lucky day'. At least it will brighten their faces for a few minutes.

I also secretly set ones on the walk up to my porch for my kids to find every now and then too... There is just no greater sight in the world than when my son or daughter comes up with one I've planted and they're smiling from ear to ear about the penny they just found. Well worth the money!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
In line at the drive through one day (Taco bell) I pulled up to the window to pay for the meal I ordered for me and my wife and they guy informed me that the car ahead of me had paid for my lunch. I said "really" he said "yeah, someone started this an hour ago and everyone has followed suit doing the same thing". I looked in my rear view and see a single occupant in the car (hoping hes not picking up lunch for 15 people back at the office), and I said "okay, i'll pay for that guys meal then". It was only like 5 bucks and mine would have been close to 9 bucks but still. I often wondered how long that kept on going. I think I'll start that again tomorrow when I go out to lunch.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some GOOD ideas in this thread.

GC and I do this kind of thing pretty regularly. The one that stick out in my mind the most (maybe because I was a single mom) was we went to Ron's Hamburgers one evening. There was a waitress there who had her two boys (still in their baseball uniforms) sitting at a table. I heard her tell them that they would have to wait until they got home to eat because she didn't have enough money for them to eat there. It was still another couple of hours before closing.

We paid with $100 and left the change on the table. Almost made it out the door before she hollered "You forgot your change". I turned around and said "That's not our change. That's your tip." She just busted out crying. By the time I got done talking to her and got to the car I was crying too. Poor GC ... He doesn't like it when women cry ...

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

GC and I do this kind of thing pretty regularly. The one that stick out in my mind the most (maybe because I was a single mom) was we went to Ron's Hamburgers one evening. There was a waitress there who had her two boys (still in their baseball uniforms) sitting at a table. I heard her tell them that they would have to wait until they got home to eat because she didn't have enough money for them to eat there. It was still another couple of hours before closing.

We paid with $100 and left the change on the table. Almost made it out the door before she hollered "You forgot your change". I turned around and said "That's not our change. That's your tip." She just busted out crying. By the time I got done talking to her and got to the car I was crying too. Poor GC ... He doesn't like it when women cry ...

It just got foggy in here! That was awesome!

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Patty your such a girl!!!

But we love you just the same :teehee:

Latest posts

Top Bottom