Who is ready for some fishing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to fish year round,, every tuesday and wed. i would be at webberfalls on the arkansas river catching pretty blues..then i got kids

broke ice on the river with big rip rap rocks...so i could fish a couple times.

spring rains bring the spoonbills up the rivers,, so i hit kaw ..other times i will sack slicks up at webberfalls....well worth the drive..i hit eufaulla dam a bunch for cats and sandbass......and then dirtybird for a nice day trip with the wife and kids....drift fish, or catch some fish in the rocks by the dam.

The neighbors and i were playing show and tell today with some of our rods and reels....I think we are all ready

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work at Sooner Lake, so fishing there is a gimme for my favorite.
Other than that, fish mainly at Kaw, and do some side trips to Fairfax, and Shidler lakes.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wrapped up cleaning all of my reels and getting 'em filled with line. I used to send 'em off to have it done, but I watched a couple of videos Shimano has on YouTube that are very detailed. They show how to break down your baitcasters and let you know exactly how they should be lubed. I used to over oil and grease mine, which actually hampers their performance.

I've got a little boat maintenance to do and I'll be good to go. Our club's first point tournament isn't until March 12, but I'll get out before then - hopefully this week when the temps are up!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm bout ready to tear it up on some crappie. If the weather allows, I may try to get the boat out this weekend. Got quite a bit of time before turkey season fires up (especially down here in the SE!), I'd like to hit the slabs and run some jugs.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am ready mentally. Physically need to go over the equipment. I have several lakes I fish. Favorite switches year to year. I would really like to hit Lake Fork the last weekend of this month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom