Why do you carry a revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All very valued points. I've carried both (still do) and yes, if I knew I was headed for trouble, and my shotgun was unavailable, yeah, I would take my Glock with me.

As for off duty carry, especially in Oklahoma summers, I carry a Ruger LCR in .38 special, for basically two reasons: First, because of my off duty attire, I pocket carry. Secondly, the LCR pocket carries more comfortably than my Glock 43X.

Also, I live in rural Oklahoma and because of my work schedule and lifestyle, I rarely leave my little community and I never frequent questionable or immoral establishments or neighborhoods. So yeah, I don't feel "outgunned" with my 5 shot revolver and a spare speed strip in me pocket.

13.5 oz of dependability!

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both 9mm springfield armory and 9mm Sig, I shoot the Sig better than I do the springfield armory guns. I also have a mdl 29 44mag with a 4 inch barrel. I use the 9mms when away from the homestead but carry the wheel gun when on the property.
For when the property needs to be protected in style !

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus 85 is my favorite EDC but carry my Shield plus most often. Job takes me to some pretty crappy areas some times.
Yeppers for the Taurus 85.

Attachments

• 20240709_075050.jpg
    20240709_075050.jpg
    1.5 MB

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I am a revolver (Smith & Wesson pre-lock mainly) collector. I am a simple old guy. I carry a Charter Arms "Professional" chambered in .32 H&R Mag, the cylinder capacity is 7 rounds. It's light, reliable, leaves no spend casings and is always armed! I have been shooting revolvers for 50 years or so. I am fairly deadly and on target with a revolver. You can say I am old fashioned or perhaps closed minded. Saying this, many years ago I had to use a firearm for self defense one and only time in my life. Was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I was stabbed from behind in a parking lot going to my car. I was able to get into my car and retrieve my .38 special revolver and instinctively squeezed off two rounds and neutralized the threat. My point here is, I have been shooting/training with a revolver for so long it is second nature to me, no racking a slide, no worrying about jams etc. Just me, I am sure there are a lot of folks contrary to my belief but in my personal story, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

"Edit"*** I also will say I have a Beretta .32 acp in my car as a backup. :-)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am a revolver (Smith & Wesson pre-lock mainly) collector. I am a simple old guy. I carry a Charter Arms "Professional" chambered in .32 H&R Mag, the cylinder capacity is 7 rounds. It's light, reliable, leaves no spend casings and is always armed! I have been shooting revolvers for 50 years or so. I am fairly deadly and on target with a revolver. You can say I am old fashioned or perhaps closed minded. Saying this, many years ago I had to use a firearm for self defense one and only time in my life. Was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I was stabbed from behind in a parking lot going to my car. I was able to get into my car and retrieve my .38 special revolver and instinctively squeezed off two rounds and neutralized the threat. My point here is, I have been shooting/training with a revolver for so long it is second nature to me, no racking a slide, no worrying about jams etc. Just me, I am sure there are a lot of folks contrary to my belief but in my personal story, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

"Edit"*** I also will say I have a Beretta .32 acp in my car as a backup. :-)
It’s interesting you mentioned 32 H&R Mag, because I found a used Smith 432 Ultimate Carry for sale this morning and am waffling as to whether I need to go down the 32 rabbit hole. I’m heavily vested in 38 Spl, and I’ve been trying to avoid adding new calibers that I have to load for.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s interesting you mentioned 32 H&R Mag, because I found a used Smith 432 Ultimate Carry for sale this morning and am waffling as to whether I need to go down the 32 rabbit hole. I’m heavily vested in 38 Spl, and I’ve been trying to avoid adding new calibers that I have to load for.

giphy (6).gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom