Why do you carry a revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From '74 to '99, (roughly a quarter-century) I carried a snub-nosed revolver in .38 Special. Loaded with 158-grain semi-jacketed hollow-points. I carried one in the military, so that's what I was used to. I finally put it away in the gunsafe, and bought a semi-auto in 9mm.

My daughter had always liked shooting my revolver, so it was an 'extra' college graduation present. She still carries it in her car.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
From '74 to '99, (roughly a quarter-century) I carried a snub-nosed revolver in .38 Special. Loaded with 158-grain semi-jacketed hollow-points. I carried one in the military, so that's what I was used to. I finally put it away in the gunsafe, and bought a semi-auto in 9mm.

My daughter had always liked shooting my revolver, so it was an 'extra' college graduation present. She still carries it in her car.
I hope she remembers to lock it every time she leaves it unnattended.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope she remembers to lock it every time she leaves it unnattended.
She keeps it in a quick-release safe, that's bolted in. She's well-versed in everything from law to safety to maintenance/cleaning to marksmanship, and even holster draw. I'm quite proud of my little twerp (I mean, my little girl! Yeah, that's what I mean... :o)

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use revolver’s at various times for very specific tasks that they do better than other options.
I mean a customized ruger bisley does 44 mag and above really well for its size and weight.
Indestructible, reliable and accurate.
A hammerless 642 in a jacket pocket isn’t going to get bound up in clothing thru all 5 rounds.
You can also contact fire all of them in a target..
22lr revolvers for varmit dispatch using snake shot and light sub sonic ammo.
Also big time cool factor

Latest posts

Top Bottom