Why do you carry a revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like revolvers, that being said the idea many espouse that you can know how many rounds your going to need to solve a problem is laughable..

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say, that when I went through the 1980 Kansas Academy, KLETC, I carried a Model 13 Smith.

During range day, I was complimented on being the fastest in reloading even against the autochuckers.

I loaded two rounds at a time from my belt loops because I PRACTISED my reloading skills.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Require? Many semi autos don’t have a manual safety.
Yep, and NDs happen now with boring regularity today with striker fired weapons at rates that were unheard of during the times prior to striker fired weapons, and where most previous full sized weapons were near impossible for small children to shoot selves and friends.

Last edited:

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like revolvers, that being said the idea many espouse that you can know how many rounds your going to need to solve a problem is laughable..
How many times have you or anybody else on this forum needed more than one or two, or even any? The answer is, not very many. Sure, you can prepare for the worst case and carry a rifle and a vest full of ammo, or wear a bubble suit inside and outside the house, but, odds are...

All that being said, my favorite pistol if invited to a gunfight would be my bare bones WWII 1911A1, but only because it handles/points/carries/draws best for me. But I carry revolvers a lot, and mainly, as they also work just fine, as does ANY gun for when needed. Biggest thing is to have one.

Last edited:

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, and NDs happen now with boring regularity today with striker fired weapons at rates that were unheard of during the times prior to striker fired weapons, and where most previous full sized weapons were near impossible for small children to shoot selves and friends.
Plenty of revolver related NDs as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom