I Don’t Know Jeep Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gladiators will do 100 mph? Think there are supercharger or turbo kits for that... I zagged, got a Bronco, no ducks... Jeep Gladiator, Wrangler, Ford Bronco, Ford Mustang and Chevy Corvette are the only American convertibles one can buy now. I haven't taken off the complete top on my or the doors, have taken off the front and rear tops, but not the back cap (I need a pully system or special jack to get the rear cap off.) I could probably take it off without a cap jack or a pulley system, just don't want to drop it. I haven't removed the doors as of late, the prospect of doing that stressed my wife out. As for Jeep's I think they have priced themselves out. There may be some deals, but the cabin is small. I think most people stick there leg out since the footwell and cabin seems cramped. Tacoma and 4 Runner, no interest, only way to remove the top is with a chain saw.
You forgot the Miata

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2002 wrangler won’t hit 100 if we drop it out of a plane.
What engine? What transmission? Obviously not an issue if dropped out of a plane, but that is a safety feature, If you have the roof off and doors off you can jump out and survive before the Jeep hits the ground, just roll when you hit the ground.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"only American convertibles" Miata is from Mazda, yes it may be made in America, but not uniquely American. BMW, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes have convertibles too, all at confiscatory prices.

Miata isn’t American
You are both correct! I hadn't had enough coffee when I posted. Plus convertibles have never been my thing except in the summer and a hot chick is driving one, then they are GTG!

Latest posts

Top Bottom