Why I want Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of the LA riots would the fellow that was pulled out of his big rig have been justified if he had used a gun of some sort to defend himself. I am assuming that it was probably a company truck.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of the LA riots would the fellow that was pulled out of his big rig have been justified if he had used a gun of some sort to defend himself. I am assuming that it was probably a company truck.

This guy lives in Oklahoma now and drives for one of the sanitation companies. I've talked to him several times and that had a huge effect on him moving here.

As for your you're question I don't believe Kalifornia has laws that regularly provide for you protecting yourself.
But in Oklahoma I think he'd be okay.

As for open carry I will on occassion openly carry just because of the ease of it.
Probably not in crowded situation, but I might if appropriate.
I spend a lot of time down on my farm and driving back and forth.
No need to carry concealed in this travel.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like open carry to protect me when it's really windy outside and my shirt goes up, exposing my conceal weapon. I would also like it for hunting, fishing and camping. It would not be good for anything else. Most people would become targets, walking around strapped like John Wayne for all the bad guys to see.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll not open carry because I don't have enough holsters to match all of my different belts & shoes. Can you imagine wearing a black holster with brown shoes?

All kidding aside, The only thing I personally like with open carry is that I won't get charged with brandishing for an unintentional flash or print.

I thought this same thing could happen but I was proven wrong. Here is what I was told:

1.) Brandishing is with threatening behavoir.
2.) There is no mention of brandishing in the SDA.
3.) Only failure to conceal, which is not a charge, but can result in a review of your CCL.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...ectid=11&articleid=20101102_11_A1_CUTLIN47015

RIP to this poor victim.

Be careful and thoughtful when carrying a firearm to protect yourself, particularly if you let the world know you are armed.

Do not carry if you are not prepared.

A gun will only be a nuisance then.

Michael Brown

What Michael said is 100% true.
Running around with a weapon trying to scare someone off has the potential of turning bad.
Not saying that is what happened in this article.
Just if you're gonna carry it, be prepared to use it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With Fallin coming in, Open Carry is pretty much a done deal. I still plan to conceal most of the time, but occasionally I'll have to carry some matching 1911s....maybe

Next on the list of rights to take back is licences carry. I don't need a licence to legally carry my firearm.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With Fallin coming in, Open Carry is pretty much a done deal.

Remember, those Representatives who voted the first time for it, and then against it on the veto override are still a roadblock.

John Auffet (D)
John Carey (D)
Larry Glenn (D)
*Wes Hilliard (D)
Chuck Hoskin (D)
Scott Inman (D)
Dan Kirby (R)
Ken Luttrell (D)
Danny Morgan (D)
Richard Morrisette (D)
Wade Rousellot (D)
Jerry Shoemake (D)