Why I want Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This video demonstrates the importance of being able to react and draw your weapon quickly.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/police-shot,-kill-a-man-caught-on-tape

Do you plan on conducting traffic stops on your free time?

Speaking of the LA riots would the fellow that was pulled out of his big rig have been justified if he had used a gun of some sort to defend himself. I am assuming that it was probably a company truck.

Reginald Denny was his name I believe. He was yanked out of his truck pretty quick and attacked by multiple assailants. You can guess as well as I can if he would have been able to use a gun.

Both sides of open carry have been discussed. The I want to OC so the bad guy will pass me buy because he sees my gun. I personally see more merit in that than in the other side. The other side is that you will be a bigger target for the bad guy. This has merit too.

To me having a gun on your side will deter more crime than it attracts. Most of your common criminals are looking for the easy crime (that is why they are criminals and not rocket scientists.). So would it be easier to rob the person/place that has a visible firearm or one that does not? That is how I see it.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll not open carry because I don't have enough holsters to match all of my different belts & shoes. Can you imagine wearing a black holster with brown shoes?

All kidding aside, The only thing I personally like with open carry is that I won't get charged with brandishing for an unintentional flash or print.

I agree totally. Especially with the black holster mixed with brown shoes. Talk about a fashion faux pas!

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think most ran unopposed.

In my district, I tried to get the word out and vote for the other guy, but there's a lot of people in my neighborhood who voted for Scott Inman because they know his family, or "he's a nice boy", or they went to high school with him. Don't even get me started. Several of these people are gun owners and SDA permit holders but that didn't sway their decision.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my district, I tried to get the word out and vote for the other guy, but there's a lot of people in my neighborhood who voted for Scott Inman because they know his family, or "he's a nice boy", or they went to high school with him. Don't even get me started. Several of these people are gun owners and SDA permit holders but that didn't sway their decision.

Classic good ol' boy. :hypnotize:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter,there's more than enough legislators to pass a bill and the new Gov. signs the bill like she said she will.

Are we forgetting the committee?

From what I heard last year talking to representatives about a discharge petition to force a bill to the floor (in particular, ballot access reform), you'll likely have less people sign the petition than vote for it since those petitions effectively bypass the leadership, and you generally want to stay on the leadership's good side.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would encourage all of you to check out the web site of opencarry.org. They have a lot of good information about open carry and a lot of first hand experiences. I have used the site as a sort of travel guide and have met many pro 2A people in different areas of the country. They also have information as to the relative merits of many of the opinions presented here about open carry.
My personal experience has been all positive. Like everything else, open carry is not the answer when your head and attention are elsewhere and you let the BG get too close before you go to condition orange/red. Concealed carry is not the answer either. The answer is situational awareness, training and attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom