Why I want Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next on the list of rights to take back is licences carry. I don't need a licence to legally carry my firearm.

Amen to that! Wish we could do the same as Vermont. Go to the store, buy the gun, and then walk around town with it. They have incredibly loose gun laws and one of the lowest crime rates in the country. They have it right!

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember, those Representatives who voted the first time for it, and then against it on the veto override are still a roadblock.

John Auffet (D)
John Carey (D)
Larry Glenn (D)
*Wes Hilliard (D)
Chuck Hoskin (D)
Scott Inman (D)
Dan Kirby (R)
Ken Luttrell (D)
Danny Morgan (D)
Richard Morrisette (D)
Wade Rousellot (D)
Jerry Shoemake (D)

*excused from the vote... so decide for yourself

All turncoat sheep!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember, those Representatives who voted the first time for it, and then against it on the veto override are still a roadblock.

John Auffet (D)
John Carey (D)
Larry Glenn (D)
*Wes Hilliard (D)
Chuck Hoskin (D)
Scott Inman (D)
Dan Kirby (R)
Ken Luttrell (D)
Danny Morgan (D) from a conservative district. What's he costing you folks in Seminole county?
Richard Morrisette (D)
Wade Rousellot (D)
Jerry Shoemake (D)

Sorry but I couldn't let this go without hi-lighting this scumbags name to forever etch it in our minds.
The mouthpiece of the libertatd masses.:nono2:

Shootum

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

John Auffet (D)
John Carey (D)
Larry Glenn (D)
*Wes Hilliard (D)
Chuck Hoskin (D)
Scott Inman (D)
Dan Kirby (R)
Ken Luttrell (D)
Danny Morgan (D)
Richard Morrisette (D)
Wade Rousellot (D)
Jerry Shoemake (D)

Shoemake is unopposed in the general election today, not what I like to see.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I'd like to see is a law that prevents stores, banks, medical facilities, et cetera from prohibiting firearms.

:twocents:

So would you support a law that prevents you from telling someone that they cannot carry a firearm on your property?

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So would you support a law that prevents you from telling someone that they cannot carry a firearm on your property?
I think this is a pretty interesting topic and I can certainly understand the business owner. But I also think that a good point can be made that they are in fact infringing on the 2nd amendment rights of people also. I have never read anything about the actual legality of this being challenged, but I think we will sometime soon. The first time someone gets shot in one of these businesses because they left their weapon in the car, the lawsuits will follow.

I think another thing that makes this interesting would be the business that posts a no blacks, or whites, or Spanish or whatever. One could argue that denying entry based on race or religion or whatever ranks right up there with 2nd amendment rights.

Just some random thoughts.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is a pretty interesting topic and I can certainly understand the business owner. But I also think that a good point can be made that they are in fact infringing on the 2nd amendment rights of people also. I have never read anything about the actual legality of this being challenged, but I think we will sometime soon. The first time someone gets shot in one of these businesses because they left their weapon in the car, the lawsuits will follow.

I'll bet you quite a bit that case will go nowhere as the person that chose to respect a property owner's rights also made the decision to be unarmed.

I think another thing that makes this interesting would be the business that posts a no blacks, or whites, or Spanish or whatever. One could argue that denying entry based on race or religion or whatever ranks right up there with 2nd amendment rights.

Personally, I think business owners should have the right to refuse service or accommodation to anybody. People can choose to take their business elsewhere.

By the way, the Supreme Court says that the only right that the Second Amendment grants is the right to own a handgun for purposes of self defense within your home.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Danny Morgan (D) ran against and won over Husted - a pro-gun member of this board.

Morgan used to answer my emails until I questioned his didn't vote, then voted for it, then fliped on the open carry veto. Now he doesn't respond at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom