Why is there a 22LR ammo shortage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ones that line up at the BA Walmart have an IPhone app that tells them what's coming in. You can always ask as well. When I was buying some ammo yesterday, the guy ahead of me was asking when they were getting any 22LR in and he was told when the next shipment had Winchester 555 bulk packs coming and was also told to get there early because they start lining up at 6am..

Since I bought a couple of the M-22 bulk packs last week for 49.99, I asked Greg what they were selling for and he said they are now 51.97. So I guess Cabelas is now cheaper than Walmart. Go figure.
Tried the app and walmart website and looked at 3 or 4 different types of ammo behind the glass that showed out of stock on the app. That app stuff is just what the guys that have the inside tip on the 22lr. say.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Tried the app and walmart website and looked at 3 or 4 different types of ammo behind the glass that showed out of stock on the app. That app stuff is just what the guys that have the inside tip on the 22lr. say.

If you want the "inside tip" call and ask what's coming in. The BA store will tell you. Or just give up and order it online for the same price shipped as you would pay in the store after tax.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want the "inside tip" call and ask what's coming in. The BA store will tell you. Or just give up and order it online for the same price shipped as you would pay in the store after tax.

still got plenty from buying a few bricks every trip to walmart from several years back ..
but others might want to know how to order the M22 bulk pack 1000 rounds at walmart for $49?

unbelievable .22 shortage is still going after this long ...

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
still got plenty from buying a few bricks every trip to walmart from several years back ..
but others might want to know how to order the M22 bulk pack 1000 rounds at walmart for $49?

unbelievable .22 shortage is still going after this long ...

The M-22 bulk packs come from Cabelas online. The reference to Walmart was the fact they have raised their price to 51.97 making it cheaper at Cabelas.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ammo manufacturers are running 3 shifts 7 days a week. I have 22 wmr on back order from 55 weeks ago. The conspiracy theorists need to grow up. Nobody, in my opinion, deserves anything. Using "it's for the children" makes us no better than the antis. As long as people are willing to pay the price, resellers will continue to do their thing. Hate the game, not the playa.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of preaching in this thread. "You should do this." "You should've done that." And lots of boasting too. I guess that's normal, but damn, aren't we all on the same side of things?

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I blame these guys...

appleseedinfo_org_smf_index_php_a9024ada34044d347d57a5943e688e0e._.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom