Why we gotta have this forum-on-forum hate?: Thread about okshooters on opencarry.org

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, that's a lie. I bought a $40 holster for a $400 gun that I already owned. But at least now I can carry owb and not give two shits if I'm printing or my weapon is exposed.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
50% of a statistically invalid dataset.

so your math is spot on and i concurr , thank you for validating my statement .

now as to the the validity of the set , i only used posts of a opinionated type enregards to the question posted and only in the thread asked. i also found it interesting , and i pose the question to you now , what percentage of posts stay on topic ?

as for the company i work for, though not actually pollster of sorts, thaay definitely can give most that are a run for their money . when it comes to skewing numbers to suit thaar purposes at any given instance or cause , NOone does it better than the company i work for . now it behooves me to keep it on the QT but in my post i've already told you . along with a couple of red herrings .

elance

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i1.ytimg.com_vi_pSW2FDXuFe4_maxresdefault.jpg

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about to finish-out my fiftysixth year under heaven. My pistol's always been too big to hide. In the few years I have left just give me this.Just give me this one thing.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should come forward right now and ask that my resposes be excluded from the sample. It's people like me that skew the data.

whoa there just minute mister man . once it's on the internets it's there ,like, that wart irritating you where you sit. (my bud at NSA told me)lol
so something skewed is askewed is it now right . but to unskew it would to be up-ending it . we can all live in a skewed up world but lets keep it right . what says ya .lol
elance

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say the same things to people whom CC in less advantageous ways or use crap gear. However, when carrying OC you are considerably more exposed, so your considerations are more apparent. Either way, pointing the finger at someone else doesn't validate the method.

One quick question for all the OC fans here, can you point to a thread here where someone recommended acredited training or is there even an instructor around here that addresses the scenarios concerning OC? What about gear? I'm honestly curious.

post number 47

Re: Open carry killed with own gun killer gets 40 years
well well those of you without a permit, are without an opinion, in my opinion .
as for 'i open carry to be seen' , heck yeah i spent 1000 bucks on my rig , just a lil bling .

lol "bling bang" just made that up.

i haven't opened carried two yet , but have carried open and concealed at the same time . i dig open carry it is very liberating .

how many of you are the bigger is better , well open is better if your bigger. my 45 in a miami classic II .

it's funny before we had it , your so worried someone would see it . now if you do wear it open it's you want someone to see it . but it comes down to open is faster, without the restriction of concealment , bigger is better . that also applies to holsters ,like OWB or black hawks, are easier worn.

how many of you 'pro ccw' ,or should i say 'con open' still wear the photog vests . lol

let me label myself for you. "PRO CARRY"
is there a right way? yes more than one !
training, attitude and vigilance

stay safe carry on .
elance

took me awhile to search my posts (you and veggy i must like, i aint doing that no more) maybe it's you asked a very valid question .
and though i didn't give specific names , i can and will if any needs help finding someone. last weekend i attended with my mother and son and one of his buds ,OK SDA class . i already have a permit but got mine before OC came into being . those that have been to ccw know no gun handling of any consequence is taught . well brother the law is .

i have had classes with Ayoob , Farnum , Givens , Brown and many others. i strongly! advocate CONTINUED training . but let me say this i'm no expert , and dont even concider myself any more than capable . and i pray my training i or you never need .

at the wannemacher this little gal Julie sold me near $400 worth of books over a couple years , she worked for a guy and their outfit hasn't been there in 3 consecutive shows. very disappointing because she recognized me and gave me a small discount .

as for crap gear our mr. brown showed me what a twist of a grip in plastic holster will do . course he's got the advantage lol

i'm a licenced aircraft mechanic and as one, know plenty others . believe me licence does not one make , dr lawyer teacher policeman carpenter trash collector driver, or gunslinger .

anyway i recommend the most training one can afford , from the best you can find , practice regularly and often. live safety! be well rounded in your training , the perfect shot at the wrong target is not a miss .

attitude training vigilance and prayer
stay safe carry on
elance

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
post number 47

Re: Open carry killed with own gun killer gets 40 years
well well those of you without a permit, are without an opinion, in my opinion .
as for 'i open carry to be seen' , heck yeah i spent 1000 bucks on my rig , just a lil bling .

lol "bling bang" just made that up.

i haven't opened carried two yet , but have carried open and concealed at the same time . i dig open carry it is very liberating .

how many of you are the bigger is better , well open is better if your bigger. my 45 in a miami classic II .

it's funny before we had it , your so worried someone would see it . now if you do wear it open it's you want someone to see it . but it comes down to open is faster, without the restriction of concealment , bigger is better . that also applies to holsters ,like OWB or black hawks, are easier worn.

how many of you 'pro ccw' ,or should i say 'con open' still wear the photog vests . lol

let me label myself for you. "PRO CARRY"
is there a right way? yes more than one !
training, attitude and vigilance

stay safe carry on .
elance

took me awhile to search my posts (you and veggy i must like, i aint doing that no more) maybe it's you asked a very valid question .
and though i didn't give specific names , i can and will if any needs help finding someone. last weekend i attended with my mother and son and one of his buds ,OK SDA class . i already have a permit but got mine before OC came into being . those that have been to ccw know no gun handling of any consequence is taught . well brother the law is .

i have had classes with Ayoob , Farnum , Givens , Brown and many others. i strongly! advocate CONTINUED training . but let me say this i'm no expert , and dont even concider myself any more than capable . and i pray my training i or you never need .

at the wannemacher this little gal Julie sold me near $400 worth of books over a couple years , she worked for a guy and their outfit hasn't been there in 3 consecutive shows. very disappointing because she recognized me and gave me a small discount .

as for crap gear our mr. brown showed me what a twist of a grip in plastic holster will do . course he's got the advantage lol

i'm a licenced aircraft mechanic and as one, know plenty others . believe me licence does not one make , dr lawyer teacher policeman carpenter trash collector driver, or gunslinger .

anyway i recommend the most training one can afford , from the best you can find , practice regularly and often. live safety! be well rounded in your training , the perfect shot at the wrong target is not a miss .

attitude training vigilance and prayer
stay safe carry on
elance

Anyone get this? Translate for me?

Latest posts

Top Bottom