Why we need the NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one post where Hoddy and I are in agreement. The NRA is the largest and most influential lobby we have.

They solidly came out against the 21 year limit almost immediately.

The NRA isn’t just about fighting the anti-gunners. Besides their legislative arm, the training and education efforts of the NRA are beneficial to the culture as well. I’ve been a member since I was a kid and will continue to be...

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owe the NRA dues like I owe Trump or any other Republican my vote.

Like voting for Trump, I’ll support the NRA when they pull their collective head out of their azzes.

I’m at a tipping point of joining, and I already would have if LaPierre hadn’t made that assinine comment about the ATF reevaluating bump stocks.

All that comment achieved was to give Trump, Gowdy, Rubio etc. the cover they needed to support banning them completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave70968

In Remembrance 2024
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do a little research and gather data on what NRA gives in political donations, and what unions, sports groups, planned parenthood, etc. give. Then use that knowledge to help defend the NRA against some of the mis-guided attacks against NRA.
Even that's not entirely accurate. The NRA is a 501(c)(3), and can't engage in a whole lot of lobbying, campaigning, or donation. Its affiliated organizations, NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF, give buckets of money. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just that it can very easily be used to paint a misleading picture. See http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/11/counting-up-how-much-nra-spends/ for an analysis; as the article says, "[a]ll told, the $3.5 million figure [for direct giving to current members of Congress since 1998) accounts for just 1.7 percent of everything the NRA spent on politics."

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the point is, compare it to others, and help set the record straight that NRA doesn't have Congress in its pocket any more than the NEA, SEIU, Teamsters, Planned Parenthood, etc.

Dave70968

In Remembrance 2024
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I agree, and I did a lengthy takedown a couple of weeks ago on that very point. I just don't want those defending "us" to do so without knowledge of the facts; I hate getting sandbagged in an argument.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NRA doesn't always do what I want them to but then again I don't always do what my wife wants and she still supports me. Overall the NRA has been fighting for gun rights for a long time, I have a feeling that if there was no NRA that none of us would have anything except maybe bolt actions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom