Why we need the NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And they dang shore wouldn't be semi-auto bolt actions neither!!!!!

NRA doesn't always do what I want them to but then again I don't always do what my wife wants and she still supports me. Overall the NRA has been fighting for gun rights for a long time, I have a feeling that if there was no NRA that none of us would have anything except maybe bolt actions.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't really need the NRA. the NRA is so influential because of its members, not because of the organization itself. people know that the NRA means business, and that it's members are reliable voters. NRA members go out and vote, and that means something.

there are other gun groups that i'm personally favourable too. such as gun owners of America.

in other terms, they're actually not that large of a lobbying group monetarily.

these are two good organizations, too.

https://www.saf.org/

https://www.ccrkba.org/

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if I rejoin.... is there a way to STOP the marketing harassment? :D Hasn't been that bad with GOA.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:laughup:

Yes, we do need the NRA. The very name itself strikes fear in the hearts of many a liberal weasel in Washington and elsewhere.
:comfort:
Yes, especially when they're willing to compromise on our rights.

For example the fopa of 1986. Bump stocks.

I'm a member of the GOA because I don't believe in compromising our God given rights as citizens.

We're not puppets of the government. It should be the other way around.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if I rejoin.... is there a way to STOP the marketing harassment? :D Hasn't been that bad with GOA.
There is a box with information about stopping it. Some months its on the first 2 or 3 pages or the last 2 or 3 pages of the magazine. (It varies)

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the nra is a red herring, scapegoat, and a money pit before it's a gun rights group.

dues are better spent on ammo, since that actually helps protect our rights...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a box with information about stopping it. Some months its on the first 2 or 3 pages or the last 2 or 3 pages of the magazine. (It varies)

Only problem with that is, I don't want the magazine either. Guess I would just have to call them.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only problem with that is, I don't want the magazine either. Guess I would just have to call them.
You have a choice of 3 different magazines, or none. I selected what mailings I wanted to receive -or not receive- with one phone call, decades ago.
I just don't understand why this is a constant complaint and excuse to not be a member when it is so easily avoided. :anyone:

NRA Benefactor Member

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago when I joined the NRA, I called the main number there and simply told them I only want their magazine. No junk mail . They have not called or sent junk since. Maybe I'm special. LOL. We need them.:clap3:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom