World of Warcraft...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try cleaning a gun with Vent active while waiting on people to repair after a series of wipes.

LOL I go by the handle Madbomber on vent (Lets just say I have a habit of cursing like a sailor when things go wrong/I work on the B-52, Hence mad bomber) Anyways, Sometimes while function checking the sound of the slide raking would activate my mic, and everyone would oh jeez what gun are you cleaning now?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man! You're one hard-core gamer :shocked: I never got into playing WoW because of the monthly fee - I really don't want to pay more money on top of the cost of the game itself - so I just play Guild Wars. My FPS is around 60-65, but I don't have all the add-ons you use :P

That's kgPanels, Recount, Omen, DoTimer, ArcHUD, Bartender, Pitbull, Decursive, TitanPanel, and SexyMap. I also use Clique to bind all my spells to different mouse combinations and I just have to click on the target. If not in an instance, I have Paranoia and QuestHelper also running. And of course, I use Auctioneer. Gatherer is also running to help with the herbs. I think that's all of them. I'm an addon nut. Up until last week, my UI looked like crap (wasn't very organized) and I was using 260MB memory just with the addons. Monday is when I decided to clean house and organize, and I now use only 75MB. I try to keep the FPS around 20-30.

I learned last night doing Wintergrasp that Paranoia doesn't automatically turn off there. Yeah, that was fun until I figured out that was the problem. TitanPanel said I was getting 0.1 FPS, lol.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man! You're one hard-core gamer :shocked: I never got into playing WoW because of the monthly fee - I really don't want to pay more money on top of the cost of the game itself - so I just play Guild Wars. My FPS is around 60-65, but I don't have all the add-ons you use :P

I just don't see the point of shooting for 150FPS like some people do. My TV only refreshes 30 times per second... so why get to where I'm not seeing 4/5 frames?

If you're not being sarcastic and really think I am hardcore, you should try getting into one of the major raiding guilds on WoW. I have a real life. I can't devote every waking hour to WoW like some of the truly hardcore players.

I worked with a guy at Wal-Mart who took his vacation so that he could be the first level 70 on his server when Burning Crusade came out. We like to call those players "poopsockers".

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not being sarcastic - sorry if it appeared that way. I'm aware that many people are really into WoW and other RPG's, but it's still surprising to see how devoted some people are. Compared to me, anyway, so it's not a put-down :D

I missed where you said you were playing it on a TV, so I can see what you mean about not needing a high FPS rate. I don't know how much of a problem it is on WoW, but on GW, a low FPS rate can be annoying when you accidentally aggro a mob because your screen wasn't refreshing fast enough. I know it's not always related to your monitor, though. Lag spikes FTL!

As for joining a raiding guild - thanks, but I'll stick with Guild Wars until GW2 comes out :thumb:

I just don't see the point of shooting for 150FPS like some people do. My TV only refreshes 30 times per second... so why get to where I'm not seeing 4/5 frames?

If you're not being sarcastic and really think I am hardcore, you should try getting into one of the major raiding guilds on WoW. I have a real life. I can't devote every waking hour to WoW like some of the truly hardcore players.

I worked with a guy at Wal-Mart who took his vacation so that he could be the first level 70 on his server when Burning Crusade came out. We like to call those players "poopsockers".

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not being sarcastic - sorry if it appeared that way. I'm aware that many people are really into WoW and other RPG's, but it's still surprising to see how devoted some people are. Compared to me, anyway, so it's not a put-down :D

I missed where you said you were playing it on a TV, so I can see what you mean about not needing a high FPS rate. I don't know how much of a problem it is on WoW, but on GW, a low FPS rate can be annoying when you accidentally aggro a mob because your screen wasn't refreshing fast enough. I know it's not always related to your monitor, though. Lag spikes FTL!

As for joining a raiding guild - thanks, but I'll stick with Guild Wars until GW2 comes out :thumb:

I had a funny experience doing raids on the Alliance cities. In Ironforge, I ALWAYS lag out at the start of the fight. Well, I was the MT healer, and told everyone it might not be a good idea in Ironforge since I KNEW I would lag out, and they insisted I do it because no one else thought they were capable or something. So we start, I lag out, log back in, and tank is dead. I battle rez the tank, pop Tranquility to get him up fast, and we continue the fight. On the way to Stormwind, I whisper him an apology, and come to find out his PC had hard-locked and he had to reboot. We both thought it was funny that no one seemed to notice, or at least no one said anything about the MT and his healer both going offline at the beginning of the fight.

By the way, the groups I see complete the raids on Alliance cities all do it the same way: Start with Ironforge and end with Exodar (Hard to Easy). The ones who try to go the other way fall apart in Stormwind. We've done Darnassus with 15, with only three 80's, but everyone 75+, and Exodar with 10 before many times.

AFAIK, the Alliance still hasn't downed one Horde boss on our server.

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry the more I read this thread the more I laugh.

Eric Cartman: [shouting at Stan, Kyle, and Kenny playing basketball] What the hell are you guys doing? Don't tell me you all quit playing World of Warcraft, too?
Stan Marsh: Dude, we're done! We're sick of getting killed all the time!
Eric Cartman: Guys! When things look bad you can't just give up on the World... of Warcraft...
Kyle: We don't have a choice, dude. That guy killed our characters 14 times.
Eric Cartman: I have a solution, you guys. That guy can kill us so easily because he's a super-highlevel, right? But if we were super-highlevel, too...?
Stan Marsh: We can't get to a higher level because that dude doesn't let us finish quests!
Eric Cartman: That's why we need to just log in and stay in the forest, killing boars...
Kyle: [looking at Cartman in disbelief] Boars...?
Eric Cartman: There's lots of computer-generated boars in Warcraft that die with just one blow...
Kyle: [trying to convice Cartman to give it up] Dude! Boars are only worth two experience points a piece. Do you know how many we would have to kill to get up 30 levels?
Eric Cartman: [pulls out a piece of paper] Yes. 65,340,285, which should take us 7 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours and 20 minutes, giving ourselves 3 hours a night to sleep. What do you say, guys? You can jus... you can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around. Or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry the more I read this thread the more I laugh.

Eric Cartman: [shouting at Stan, Kyle, and Kenny playing basketball] What the hell are you guys doing? Don't tell me you all quit playing World of Warcraft, too?
Stan Marsh: Dude, we're done! We're sick of getting killed all the time!
Eric Cartman: Guys! When things look bad you can't just give up on the World... of Warcraft...
Kyle: We don't have a choice, dude. That guy killed our characters 14 times.
Eric Cartman: I have a solution, you guys. That guy can kill us so easily because he's a super-highlevel, right? But if we were super-highlevel, too...?
Stan Marsh: We can't get to a higher level because that dude doesn't let us finish quests!
Eric Cartman: That's why we need to just log in and stay in the forest, killing boars...
Kyle: [looking at Cartman in disbelief] Boars...?
Eric Cartman: There's lots of computer-generated boars in Warcraft that die with just one blow...
Kyle: [trying to convice Cartman to give it up] Dude! Boars are only worth two experience points a piece. Do you know how many we would have to kill to get up 30 levels?
Eric Cartman: [pulls out a piece of paper] Yes. 65,340,285, which should take us 7 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours and 20 minutes, giving ourselves 3 hours a night to sleep. What do you say, guys? You can jus... you can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around. Or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters...

Hehe... I'm one of those guys that when I get really bored, I go and camp Alliance quest-givers. I ran a lock OOM (I assume fresh 80 and/or total n00b) and nearly out of health just sitting there as a tree and keeping all my HoTs going and hitting Nourish everytime she used something besides a DoT. It was because I got bored and decided I'd go to Feathermoon(?) Island and farm herbs there. I got bored waiting on herbs to respawn, so I eradicated the village there. Twenty minutes later, the lock shows up, and we played the DoT/HoT race for a while. When she got to 10% health and I was still at 90% health and 50% mana without actually hitting her with a damaging spell, she waved and left, and I continued on farming and keeping the village eradicated.

My wife says its a good thing I don't play Alliance, because that's what she doesn't like about a PvP server.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's kgPanels, Recount, Omen, DoTimer, ArcHUD, Bartender, Pitbull, Decursive, TitanPanel, and SexyMap. I also use Clique to bind all my spells to different mouse combinations and I just have to click on the target. If not in an instance, I have Paranoia and QuestHelper also running. And of course, I use Auctioneer. Gatherer is also running to help with the herbs. I think that's all of them. I'm an addon nut. Up until last week, my UI looked like crap (wasn't very organized) and I was using 260MB memory just with the addons. Monday is when I decided to clean house and organize, and I now use only 75MB. I try to keep the FPS around 20-30.

I learned last night doing Wintergrasp that Paranoia doesn't automatically turn off there. Yeah, that was fun until I figured out that was the problem. TitanPanel said I was getting 0.1 FPS, lol.

Oh yeah, im running all those plus a few, NUI+ is by far the BEST UI I have used thus far in my 3 plus years of playing. I used to be in a hard core raiding guild but then got married and that went out the window real quick.:grumble:

Im currently getting between 65-90 fps but my TV has a 90htz refresh rate because its DLP instead of LCD and I can push it to 120 but there is no need lol.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hehe... I'm one of those guys that when I get really bored, I go and camp Alliance quest-givers. I ran a lock OOM (I assume fresh 80 and/or total n00b) and nearly out of health just sitting there as a tree and keeping all my HoTs going and hitting Nourish everytime she used something besides a DoT. It was because I got bored and decided I'd go to Feathermoon(?) Island and farm herbs there. I got bored waiting on herbs to respawn, so I eradicated the village there. Twenty minutes later, the lock shows up, and we played the DoT/HoT race for a while. When she got to 10% health and I was still at 90% health and 50% mana without actually hitting her with a damaging spell, she waved and left, and I continued on farming and keeping the village eradicated.

My wife says its a good thing I don't play Alliance, because that's what she doesn't like about a PvP server.

LOL, I love my PvP server. And since im a nasty little destro/demo lock I dodnt usually have any problems with other players lol. :D:mean:

Latest posts

Top Bottom