Would you have shot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, caught a glimpse of this footage of this thug/moron smashing his cycle helmet against an sub drivers window who is trapped in traffic while a crap-ton of his biker mates swarm around the vehicle.

Having not herd a thing about the story before seeing that footage the question came up.
I figured just seeing that scene, is about the same as what anyone else in that busy congested area would have seen, and thus they would be taking actions with the same mindset as anyone pretending to be at that scene.

regardless of your opinions of that conflict, pretend you just witnessed that suv speed into that congestion and to a stop, and a crap-ton of unruley looking bikers right behind it clearly chasing it as they were! the one jumps off his bike removes is helmet in a flash and is brutally bashing at the trapped suvs driver window. YOU are a witness in a car on the side with a perfect view, and you have your trusty ccw at the ready. What would you do? obviosly notifying the police is a must, lets assume you have a friend in the car with you who has already reached for the phone.
do you set there and watch the event unfold knowing they gang could easily and brutally kill the occupant/occupants.
do you fire a warning shot at the ground, air, into a storm drain.
do you take aim and stop the window bashing rider?

I did watch the following youtube video which is a helmet cam from one of the groups riders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJdvjuOtUzI[

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, caught a glimpse of this footage of this thug/moron smashing his cycle helmet against an sub drivers window who is trapped in traffic while a crap-ton of his biker mates swarm around the vehicle.

Having not herd a thing about the story before seeing that footage the question came up.
I figured just seeing that scene, is about the same as what anyone else in that busy congested area would have seen, and thus they would be taking actions with the same mindset as anyone pretending to be at that scene.

regardless of your opinions of that conflict, pretend you just witnessed that suv speed into that congestion and to a stop, and a crap-ton of unruley looking bikers right behind it clearly chasing it as they were! the one jumps off his bike removes is helmet in a flash and is brutally bashing at the trapped suvs driver window. YOU are a witness in a car on the side with a perfect view, and you have your trusty ccw at the ready. What would you do? obviosly notifying the police is a must, lets assume you have a friend in the car with you who has already reached for the phone.
do you set there and watch the event unfold knowing they gang could easily and brutally kill the occupant/occupants.
do you fire a warning shot at the ground, air, into a storm drain.
do you take aim and stop the window bashing rider?

I did watch the following youtube video which is a helmet cam from one of the groups riders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJdv...ent/"]At least three of them [I]were[/I] cops.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My ccw is for the protection of myself and my immediate family.

Is he in my family? nope. question answered. Never assume you have the whole story unless you have the whole story.

Firing a warning shot is just outright illegal on its own.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd have no idea upon coming onto this scene what is about...it's only because we have the benefit of the video that we kind of know what the story is.

If you had asked one of the cyclists, they'd have told you that the driver had run over several of their members for no reason and they were getting back at him.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, I would not have shot. And he would not have dragged me out of the SUV. I'd have been on him like stink on ****.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone on Kelly Ogles 2¢ last night said that 'a .45 slug would have gone through the window the moment the helmet did'. Right, cat like relexes. I woulda crapped my pants first at least....

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No need for guns.. just get out and see or ask what the deal is.
If there was just one man in the suv tough luck you may have it coming.

But if there is a wife and kids i will get out and see if i could talk the situation through..
In the end the guy in the suv may get a good old fashioned a$$ kickin' if he has it coming to him though.

I have ridden for years not in any groups or gangs.. just ride...and have been cut off many times.
Last was on I40 near morgan....I stopped my bike in the middle lane !! Stopped traffic in that lane got off my bike and walked to the dude in the car,, All i wanted was a sorry...He was not willing to acknowledge i was there till i did this.

Then his hands went up and You could read his lips through the windsheild as i was walking up to him..
I'M SORRY I'M SORRY!
That is all i wanted..and for him to pay attention..
I am not a big biker guy,,just 6foot 185lb,, but tired of idiots!

I have snatched a couple people through their windows and gave them a what for..
Once in my work uniform with company name and my name on it OOPS.
But i told the guy who i was and said call or pull your head out!

You would think i would carry but i do not...
Maybe it is a good thing.
People just need their heads pulled out of their arses sometimes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom