What Would You Do If Shot At While Driving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we are not to shoot out of a moving car and I have often thought with all the shootings on the highways these days, what would I do if someone drove up beside nme and started to shoot? I have a choice and I think if it were safe, I'd slam on the brakes and they'd pass me momentarily at least. Otherwise, I'd have to shoot back to discourage them but in so doing I might his another vehicle or it's occupants. What is the wisest choice? I'm getting ready for a cross-country trip.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we are not to shoot out of a moving car and I have often thought with all the shootings on the highways these days, what would I do if someone drove up beside nme and started to shoot? I have a choice and I think if it were safe, I'd slam on the brakes and they'd pass me momentarily at least. Otherwise, I'd have to shoot back to discourage them but in so doing I might his another vehicle or it's occupants. What is the wisest choice? I'm getting ready for a cross-country trip.
I would check reciprocity laws for each state I travel through.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would check reciprocity laws for each state I travel through.
You don't know what you said!

That was brilliant!

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BRAKES! Evasion and de-escalation is the safest choice for my life and liberty and the public in this horrific scenario. Stray bullets can change your circumstances for the worse. And don't pull the trigger until the offender(s) have taken away all of your egress options. Just ask Kyle Rittenhouse.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're asking for a general answer for a situation that has too many unknowns to formulate one. However, instead of using a firearm I would consider using my vehicle first. Unless you are driving a smart car you have at least 2,500 lbs of metal under your control, that would be a lot more effective and a vastly lower chance of innocent bystanders getting hurt than using a firearm. Also, your first choice would be getting out of the situation rather than neutralizing the attacker. There is a time to run, and a time to fight. A gun battle on the highway is the time to run.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the scenario occurs periodically even in the "relative safety" of Oklahoma City. The Supreme Court determined that it is not the duty of the police to protect us so we are on our own. I was asking the question to see if anyone else has given thought to a "drive up shooting." I'm a little older than most of you and people my age tend to irritate other drivers sometimes if I may say that, we drive a little more cautiously and yes, slowly sometimes. And some of us don't have turn signals on our cars apparently.
Yes, the brake option is the best one that I can think of, let them go on and pass. If the highway is busy, one can pull over to the shoulder and obviosly the offending driver can't pull over and back up due to traffic.

Police Have No Duty to Protect You, Federal Court Affirms Yet ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom