Would you have shot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I stopped my bike in the middle lane !! Stopped traffic in that lane got off my bike

Wow. this was a colossally dumb idea. Not only are you endangering yourself, you're causing traffic problems and endangering the rest of the motorists on the road because you want an apology. WTF?

I had a guy so pissed at me, he actually got in front of me and came to a stop, causing me to stop, on the I-35/44 interchange. Up on the bridge, one lane. poor visibility. I was prepared to ram his vehicle if he started moving my direction as I was not carrying and he was displaying poor decision making. Instead, I called OHP, told them what was going on, and I got Code-3 response. Dude that stopped me got the chrome bracelets and a ride downtown. He was also heavily ticketed for this stunt. To this day I don't know what I did to set him off and frankly I don't care. He escalated the incident way beyond a reasonable level. At that point the encounter was no longer about what I did (or didn't do) to piss him off.

With the exception of maybe an accident, there's NO REASON anyone should feel the need to stop in the middle of a highway. Especially to just get an apology.

If you think that driver you stopped learned 'their lesson' you're wrong.

Last edited:

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
now that sounds like a really good way to get shot

Yep...some guy reaches through my window with my wife and kid in there, I'd be unable to retreat, and I'd have to draw.

I'd be unable to push the door open, and otherwise would have to sit there while he possibly beats me to death, or incapacitates me to the point where my wife and child are defenseless.

For all we know, the guys beating on the SUV were cut off, and just "wanting an apology."

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need for guns.. just get out and see or ask what the deal is.
If there was just one man in the suv tough luck you may have it coming.

But if there is a wife and kids i will get out and see if i could talk the situation through..
In the end the guy in the suv may get a good old fashioned a$$ kickin' if he has it coming to him though.

I have ridden for years not in any groups or gangs.. just ride...and have been cut off many times.
Last was on I40 near morgan....I stopped my bike in the middle lane !! Stopped traffic in that lane got off my bike and walked to the dude in the car,, All i wanted was a sorry...He was not willing to acknowledge i was there till i did this.

Then his hands went up and You could read his lips through the windsheild as i was walking up to him..
I'M SORRY I'M SORRY!
That is all i wanted..and for him to pay attention..
I am not a big biker guy,,just 6foot 185lb,, but tired of idiots!

I have snatched a couple people through their windows and gave them a what for..
Once in my work uniform with company name and my name on it OOPS.
But i told the guy who i was and said call or pull your head out!

You would think i would carry but i do not...
Maybe it is a good thing.
People just need their heads pulled out of their arses sometimes.

You are dangerous in a stupid way. That is called assault and battery.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have snatched a couple people through their windows and gave them a what for..
Once in my work uniform with company name and my name on it OOPS.
But i told the guy who i was and said call or pull your head out!

If I had innocently cut you off (not seeing you, in other words) there is a good chance you would have been taking your last breath if it was me going through the window. I would definitely shoot you.

Yell and wave your arms; ok. But the way I understand the stand your ground law is that a vehicle is the same as your home when you're in it.

Edited for content

Last edited:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably 20-25 years ago.
I had a buddy who was a hot head.
He was heading south on the Broadway extension one morning.
A guy cut him off and he got mad.
Followed the dude all the way to where he parked.
Pulled up behind him to block him in.
Got out and ran up to the guys window and banged on it.
About that time he noticed a pistol in the dudes lap.

He said he'd never let traffic make him mad again, I have no idea if he's even alive today.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along the same lines, my ex brother in law got into a road rage incident, and when at a stop light the other driver came to his pickup, my ex brother in law brandished a pistol, and the guy walked off.

Didn't matter who started the road rage, my ex-bro could have been a hot head and fired instead of just brandishing it, and the other guy would be just as dead.

I'd be very surprised if very many drivers who cut another person off in traffic would really be willing to acknowledge it's their fault.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know all the guys carrying probably have enough sense to pay attention in a big way.
The one guy ran me off the road on the off ramp, in a pink flower delivery van..dark tinted windows..
Yea i will beat his ass but he just got one smack to the head.
Kill me with your gun..I do not care.
I ain't afraid to die.. but if you need an attention getter before you kill someone's child then so be it.

Say all you want..drive over 70,000 miles a year and never leave the metro..You will get fed up with idiots.
Most uninsured, drunk or illegals.

Worked as contractor for the government for years get fed up with those idiots too. Most were drunk or stoned on the job.
They say when you get older you calm down..
I say the fuse gets shorter because you are fed up and you ain't afraid to die.

But really i am a nice guy.
I just do not deal with stupid well.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if I was in the suv, with my family, I would have shot the guy bashing in my window. ended that statement with a period....most of them would have dragged me out of the vehicle but 6 of them wouldnt have seen it...

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know all the guys carrying probably have enough sense to pay attention in a big way.
The one guy ran me off the road on the off ramp, in a pink flower delivery van..dark tinted windows..
I ain't afraid to die.. but if you need an attention getter before you kill someone's child then so be it.

Say all you want..drive over 70,000 miles a year and never leave the metro..You will get fed up with idiots.

Worked as contractor for the government for years get fed up with those idiots too. Most were drunk or stoned on the job.

No you don't, and you're not the only one who has spent their lives working with "stupid," nor are you the only truck driver or employee that has a career driving in metro areas.

Pretty much all of us can provide a list of incidents as bad as this or worse...I sure can.

If you want to die smacking some driver over an incident as trivial as this, then go for it.

I'd rather die for a better cause.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Waaaaaaaaait, isn't Chuck Norris from Oklahoma?

Latest posts

Top Bottom