What Would You Do If Shot At While Driving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which Oklahoma statute is that specifically?

Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
§21-652. Shooting or discharging firearm with intent to kill - Use of vehicle to facilitate discharge of weapon in conscious disregard of safety of others - Assault and battery with deadly weapon, etc.​

B. Every person who uses any vehicle to facilitate the intentional discharge of any kind of firearm, crossbow or other weapon in conscious disregard for the safety of any other person or persons, including an unborn child as defined in Section 1-730 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes, shall upon conviction be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for a term not less than two (2) years nor exceeding life.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're asking for a general answer for a situation that has too many unknowns to formulate one. However, instead of using a firearm I would consider using my vehicle first. Unless you are driving a smart car you have at least 2,500 lbs of metal under your control, that would be a lot more effective and a vastly lower chance of innocent bystanders getting hurt than using a firearm. Also, your first choice would be getting out of the situation rather than neutralizing the attacker. There is a time to run, and a time to fight. A gun battle on the highway is the time to run.
“There is no answer for this question, so let me give you one”

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is where a dashcam at minimum and multiple cams if possible may cover your ass so to speak.
Regardless, if you fire, you will be arrested and better have bail money at your disposal.
This is not to say you will be convicted, or even prosecuted, but you will at bare minimum be arrested.
Yes we are all legally allowed to carry a firearm to protect our lives, but unfortunately, a jury will decide whether or not you had the legal right to use it.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dad rented a farm from an old moonshiner, late one night we were moving machinery mom was driving a 1974 chevy bunch of moonshiners came out yelling and firing, mom shoved me & my brother to the floor and gassed it, ended up with three dents in the tail gate from probably a .32 whatever it was wasn't powerful enough to penetrate the tail gate, didn't see any damage from the shotgun I seen one of the guys with, dad talked to the old drunk the next day, guess someone had been stealing their moonshine

Latest posts

Top Bottom