YOUR CAR/TRUCK IS SOON TO BE CONTROLLED BY .GOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From 2026 on.
If I am not mistaken. I think you could already shut down a vehicle with Onstar.
That was over 15 years ago so nothing out of the ordinary here.

Ya don't like it then quit buying new cars.
If you can afford a 2026 vehicle and actually want one chances are you care less if the computer does things
Yeah, but new cars become used cars which eventually becomes old cars. You may give a crap about it now but your kids/grandikids may be the ones that drive the car subject to getting shut-down at the will of .gov - protest against it for your kids sake, if not your for your own 🤣🤣

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
CAN Bus was invented in 1986, and first implemented into cars in 1991. It was mandated for every new car in 2008. If you gain control of the CAN bus in a car you can control just about everything. If a car doesn't have Onstar, GPS, or something similar, then all one has to do is install a wireless controller to interface with the CAN bus, and just like that, everyone can be vulnerable. THE .GOV IS CONTROLLING YOUR CAR isn't a new concept, nor is it a concept that will likely be used to "control the populace" or whatever. It has been used to shut down vehicles in police chases and the like through OnStar.

Its kinda creepy and I am not a fan, but I doubt it will be used to control or persecute anyone.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watch for it, there will be a spate of news stories on how drunk drivers and car thefts have been thwarted by nanny technology. I will take a stab at this, there will be hacks and techniques to disable it but do you really want to depend on it? It's bad enough that I have to wear a tinfoil hat, now I need one for my vehicles.
Think about it for a minute. If your vehicle engine dies/stalls do you lose steering and brakes? Does the steering wheel/transmission automatically lock? Are you still able to roll down the windows and unlock the door?

What if somewhere down the line after several government mandated updates to their new 'anti-theft' or 'anti-drunk' system, some tri-letter agency in .gov or a 'hacker' decides to shut your car/truck down, and because of those updates you can no longer roll-down the windows or unlock the doors until the Feds show-up with the reset codes. Joke all you want about 'tin-foil' hats . . . but it's eventually going to get here whether you like it or not - then what are you (or your kids/grand-kids) going to do after it's already become law.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CAN Bus was invented in 1986, and first implemented into cars in 1991. It was mandated for every new car in 2008. If you gain control of the CAN bus in a car you can control just about everything. If a car doesn't have Onstar, GPS, or something similar, then all one has to do is install a wireless controller to interface with the CAN bus, and just like that, everyone can be vulnerable. THE .GOV IS CONTROLLING YOUR CAR isn't a new concept, nor is it a concept that will likely be used to "control the populace" or whatever. It has been used to shut down vehicles in police chases and the like through OnStar.

Its kinda creepy and I am not a fan, but I doubt it will be used to control or persecute anyone.

https://www.wkow.com/news/how-polic...cle_e3936e4a-a988-11ec-bd00-dfd32aa1a6f5.htmlhttps://www.newschannel5.com/news/stolen-suv-powered-down-remotely-during-police-chase

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think about it for a minute. If your vehicle engine dies/stalls do you lose steering and brakes? Does the steering wheel/transmission automatically lock? Are you still able to roll down the windows and unlock the door?

What if somewhere down the line after several government mandated updates to their new 'anti-theft' or 'anti-drunk' system, some tri-letter agency in .gov or a 'hacker' decides to shut your car/truck down, and because of those updates you can no longer roll-down the windows or unlock the doors until the Feds show-up with the reset codes. Joke all you want about 'tin-foil' hats . . . but it's eventually going to get here whether you like it or not - then what are you (or your kids/grand-kids) going to do after it's already become law.

I'm being sarcastic on this, I'm with you. This is wrong on multiple levels, 4th Amendment, 5th Amendment and perhaps even an attack on the 2nd Amendment. Much of this will rely on Camera's pointed at the driver from what I have read about it. There will be cameras pointed at your face in addition to g force sensors, steering and throttle sensors. What if you're tired but not drunk? What if you are dealing with stupid drivers intruding on your lane? What if someone is riding your tail? What if you take evasive action after a truck loses it's load?

Lock up brakes or lose control of steering? Won't be an issue with throttle, brake and steering by wire like many new cars are equipped with, a "simple" computer program will stop your controls and pull you over to the side of the road.

Removing a firearm from your belt to your console or vault in a car while traveling through illinois? Internal cameras designed to transmit data from your eyelids, eyes and facial movements will notify state authorities immediately against your transgression.

This is not good.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nope, just loose power steering but still steers, brakes work but no power assist either. Still rolls too. Just like when one runs out of gas while driving.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. Too many people don’t understand EMP… keep a spare module in tin foil if your that worried about it.
Yeah, but those that don't understand EMP also probably don't know what a 'module' is or even where it goes. Cars/trucks/SUV's have become so complicated these days you just about have to have a degree in electronics, computer science, and plumbing to work on them, and in many places even something as simple as a DIY changing filters or any sensor is illegal and can get your vehicle impounded for 'non-compliance'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom