YOUR CAR/TRUCK IS SOON TO BE CONTROLLED BY .GOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't the car engine and electronics surrounded by pretty much a solid steel enclosure (the body) which would act much like a Faraday Cage? If it required an Earth ground to operate effectively, then a simple grounding strap from the frame hanging down to the road surface should work. I know I used to see cars and some trucks back in the day with those 'grounding' straps underneath. Or am I just barking up the wrong tree?
Exactly. And yeah, grounding straps are a real deal, hence why you see fire trucks dragging chains underneath them.

I’ll see if I can find it, but I read a study not long ago that explained how EMPs will actually affect things. It’s not as dramatic or world ending as YouTubers selling views or survival supplies would lead most to believe.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WIFI? How do you know? Are you locked up inside there with it?

LOL, no. I experimented with it. Had wifi calling turned on and volume of ringer turned all the way up. The phone rang. Have not tried grounding. The cellular signal is blocked by either. Haven't tried putting the phone in my microwave yet...

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, no. I experimented with it. Had wifi calling turned on and volume of ringer turned all the way up. The phone rang. Have not tried grounding. The cellular signal is blocked by either. Haven't tried putting the phone in my microwave yet...

I'm not sure how this applies to grounding, but maybe I'm just slow. I guess I'm not clear on what your point was regarding wavelength and sensitivity.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Faraday cages do NOT need to be grounded. That is a myth that won't die.
I don't know, I can find just as many 'experts' on the Internet that say that Faraday Cages need to be grounded as there are 'experts' saying that they don't. Quite a few say that NO they don't need to be grounded but doing so makes them more effective.

I live fairly close to Tinker AFB which is suppose to have a big bullseye on it, so I'm not too concerned about keeping my electronics safe, being that I'll probably just become a vaporized memory if SHTF.

Latest posts

Top Bottom