YOUR CAR/TRUCK IS SOON TO BE CONTROLLED BY .GOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch for it, there will be a spate of news stories on how drunk drivers and car thefts have been thwarted by nanny technology. I will take a stab at this, there will be hacks and techniques to disable it but do you really want to depend on it? It's bad enough that I have to wear a tinfoil hat, now I need one for my vehicles.
If they do this then how are inner city thugs supposed to get their reparations via carjackings? I didn’t realize this would be such a racist technology. Yes, I went there
america burn GIF

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
where is that the case?
I can name a couple of places (do I really have to :bah:).
Back in the day when I was a DIY'er I replaced the factory air filter set-up on my '64-Mercury Montego with an 'open element' filter with chrome top and fancy style of hold-down wingnut - something like this:

1698279367182.jpeg

California Highway Patrol (CHP) pulled me over not long after for some minor traffic violation, and they also wrote me up for illegally "tampering with or modifying the Smog Control System" which I learned can include things like air filters and resulted in my car being impounded as being considered as no longer legal to drive on a public road.

Second place was in Manitou Springs, Colorado many years later, where during an annual Smog Certification on my '83(?)-Chevy Cavalier, the 'official' doing the certification failed to pass because I had changed the regular gas cap for an 'unapproved' locking model. Seems that my car had a 'closed-loop' fuel system which required a gas cap that sealed tight, and the locking one that I had installed, did not.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can name a couple of places (do I really have to :bah:).
Back in the day when I was a DIY'er I replaced the factory air filter set-up on my '64-Mercury Montego with an 'open element' filter with chrome top and fancy style of hold-down wingnut - something like this:

View attachment 423591

California Highway Patrol (CHP) pulled me over not long after for some minor traffic violation, and they also wrote me up for illegally "tampering with or modifying the Smog Control System" which I learned can include things like air filters and resulted in my car being impounded as being considered as no longer legal to drive on a public road.

Second place was in Manitou Springs, Colorado many years later, where during an annual Smog Certification on my '83(?)-Chevy Cavalier, the 'official' doing the certification failed to pass because I had changed the regular gas cap for an 'unapproved' locking model. Seems that my car had a 'closed-loop' fuel system which required a gas cap that sealed tight, and the locking one that I had installed, did not.
installing unapproved parts or making illegal modifications of required systems is a far cry from being persecuted for changing a filter or plug/sensor/whatever. You could get pulled over here for installing too dark of tint or not having fenders, but that's hardly draconian. As car owners we are still allowed to change our oil, modify our vehicles, and the like. Even in california. I had a pretty decently modified car when I was stationed in california. I got a ticket for illegal tint. I had to slip the smog guy a 20 when I pulled in the bay. But in spite of San Diego Sheriffs department being one of the crookedest I have seen, I never got arrested for changing my oil or spark plugs in the driveway.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you guys spend too much time looking for something to fret about.
LOL. Everything needed to control people 'remotely' is being put in place.
Electric meters.
Electric cars
Electric stoves
On line groceries [Jack B] Grocery Shopping Reimagined | JackBe [44th & Mustang Rd.]
The list is endless. There won't be any face to face transactions in the future. It will be electronic.

Last edited:

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but those that don't understand EMP also probably don't know what a 'module' is or even where it goes. Cars/trucks/SUV's have become so complicated these days you just about have to have a degree in electronics, computer science, and plumbing to work on them, and in many places even something as simple as a DIY changing filters or any sensor is illegal and can get your vehicle impounded for 'non-compliance'.
Impounded for non compliance? Naw just voids the warranty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom