Youth football brag thread - please brag about your kid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah that's the best when no one gets hurt. During our first scrimmage our opponent lost 3 players, one with a broken hip! Some of these gets are getting big too. One of our defensive line weighed in at 258 today -as a 6th grader! When the kids on the other team saw him their eyes got pretty big.

I mentioned the size of some of the kids at the scrimmages last weekend, and our coach told me that they had a 1st grader last year (other team) that tipped the scales at 125lbs in his underwear. He wasn't allowed to play.

The injuries are what worry me. It's not such a big concern for the 2nd graders, but when they start hitting your son's age, things start to get tough. I just don't want to see either of my kids gimping along at 35 from football injuries sustained in high school. And I know a few guys like that.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mentioned the size of some of the kids at the scrimmages last weekend, and our coach told me that they had a 1st grader last year (other team) that tipped the scales at 125lbs in his underwear. He wasn't allowed to play.

The injuries are what worry me. It's not such a big concern for the 2nd graders, but when they start hitting your son's age, things start to get tough. I just don't want to see either of my kids gimping along at 35 from football injuries sustained in high school. And I know a few guys like that.

As soon as the doc told us we were having a boy, football was one of my first thoughts. He is 32 pounds and almost 3 feet tall right now, he is 21 months old. He was 11 pounds at birth. I hope he slows down and is not one of those kids that's not allowed to play.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thats awesome steve. i will make a point to catch one of his games. send me a schedule so i can make plans.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6th grade INFC tournament champions - Broken Arrow Chrome!

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_0E090D62_FDD1_4B31_8a5c90bee3ce3a5f02eefa23f69276d0.jpg

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my daughter plays 12u competitive fastpitch softball.
catcher and 1st base, .375 hitter, 130 games since April.
in the worst heat of the summer she was catching games back to back to back.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son doesn't play play tackle football yet (I won't let him until high school) but he plays Fall and Spring baseball and Fall soccer. Two weeks ago he hit an in-the-park Walk-off HR, his first ever. I was soooo damn proud. I'm the head coach and was 3rd base coach at the time and the parents watching said my face and actions were awesome when I was waiving him home.

Then in today's last soccer game of the season where he usually plays goalie and some defense, he got to play left forward and scored our only goal in the game. Such a great day. As busy as he is with sports this Fall, he still talks two to three times a day about heading to OK and deer camp later this week. Kids + sports = GOOD TIMES!

Latest posts

Top Bottom