1911 VS Glock - final showdown! Which one will keep shooting longer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one will shoot longer out of the box?

• Glock

Votes: 58 70.7%

Votes: 24 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy sure loves his 1911s ... look how composed and uninterrupted he looks, and how well he explains why the Springer chokes. Starting at 6:55 or so.

You're getting desperate lol, it didn't lock back on one mag? Is that the best you've got? I give him credit where it's due, he's pretty fair and impartial about firearms, if they don't work, he calls them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

nate76

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aside from all the fanboy stuff going on in this thread...common sense would tell me the tighter the tolerances the more likely of a failure due to dirtiness. So I would guess a Glock would generally perform better dirty and in harsher conditions than the 1911. Of course, this is just my opinion ;-)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Glock would win in the vast majority of cases.

Unless it was a Gen 4 in 9mm..... or a G42..... or a large framed glock where the trigger bar rubs...... or a G22 that wasn't reliable with a WML because of frame flex.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, but feel compelled to consider:

I first shot my Grandfather's Colt 1911 (a 1917 mfg that he had since 1918) about 54 years ago (it's had quite a bit of use, i.e., have gone through 3 barrels, the last one I put in about 14 years ago).

IMO, it would likely run rings around a current production pistol, as should be expected.

Someday, if your favorite Glock lasts that long, then maybe you could compare them in a discussion worth having.

Based on older Glocks (i.e, more than 10 yrs old) that I've seen/handled/used, as well as the 2 Glocks I currently have it seems unlikely that many will get passed down to our grandkids.

So, which pistol will run longer, last longer, in your opinion?

Latest posts

Top Bottom