2015 Legislative Firearm bills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SB198 Amends Title 21 Section 1272 – would make it legal to carry a switchblade knife

I'm fine with this, but it'll mean a bunch more "Accidental" hand wounds by guys playing with their new toys.

Self correcting problems ;-)

img.myconfinedspace.com_wp_content_uploads_tdomf_2_484694_mumbletypeg.gif

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, if this is what I think it is, then it should just be a "copy and paste" of the bill previously known as the "Oklahoma firearms freedom act." Which was a copy and paste of the law of the same name from Montana.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HB1059 Amends Title 21, Section 1272 - Would add an exemption to allow emergency medical technicians who have a handgun license to be in possession of a firearm while providing transport services, but they would be required to store the firearm in a secure compartment in the front passenger cab of the ambulance. EMT's would not be allowed to carry the firearm on or about their person, and can only carry or store one firearm at a time in the ambulance.

How dumb is this when EMT's are attending folks in riot, areas, etc?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HB1059 Amends Title 21, Section 1272 - Would add an exemption to allow emergency medical technicians who have a handgun license to be in possession of a firearm while providing transport services, but they would be required to store the firearm in a secure compartment in the front passenger cab of the ambulance. EMT's would not be allowed to carry the firearm on or about their person, and can only carry or store one firearm at a time in the ambulance.

How dumb is this when EMT's are attending folks in riot, areas, etc?

Not just about riot zones. EMT's do have to respond to the not so great parts of town and they have been known to be shot at just because they are wearing a uniform. Some agencies even make sure to tell their EMT's to stand to the side of the door when they knock just so they won't get shot if someone sees the uniform and shoots through the door.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found another bill.

[url="http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB1143&Session=1500]HB1143[/URL] Amends Title 21 Section 1277 - Would require colleges, universities, and technology center administrators to grant authorization to anyone with an Oklahoma Handgun License who asked to carry a concealed handgun on campus. The exception would be if there were evidence that the person asking had violent behavior or deliberate reckless behavior towards another person.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What qualification course did you have to take, and how high did you have to score, before posting that post on the Internet? On a related note, what test did you have to pass before you went to church this morning?

With friends like these. . .

Minimum qualifying score of 70 with both the military and the PD. My qualification courses were given to me by the military and CLEET when I went through the academy. There's a running joke that you as long as you don't shoot the instructor, you can get a CCL. I also went through the SDA class even though I didn't have to and it was a joke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom