2015 Spring Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That sucked. Maybe he will be in tomorrow evening for a remake of the same scenario.

I went out to Kaw for some run and gun action. Never saw tracks, heard a gobble, or anything. Found two morels though. Didn't come home empty handed.

Saw this little guy. He was about 14" long.

Those things are lightening fast too!

Congrats two click. Okie man at least he will likely give you another chance. Did you dump all of your shot out before squeezing the trigger?

No, not unless my daughter did, she didn't get to go..............and laughed when I told her what happened. :nutkick:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those things are lightening fast too!

He just laid on the limb when I went down the trail, and coming back he was on the same limb. Had to move it to the side to get by on the trail both times. It just laid on the limb, not afraid of me.

No, not unless my daughter did, she didn't get to go..............and laughed when I told her what happened. :nutkick:

Adding insult to injury. She needs grounded.....

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, already second day of season and all we have is a picture of a snake and a picture of Darla the decoy. I want to see blood shed!

That is an awesome looking shotgun Okie. Sorry for the bad luck, that'll just make it better when you do get him. You should target that one particular bird for the rest of the season til you kill him.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy called me late last night and said he had put a flock to bed last night on public ground. Saw the small flock of hens and toms feeding/strutting and followed them all day.

We were in there at 5am after a short night. We were sitting there just before fly down, when some guys came running in. We were 1/2 mile from any road, and saw them coming. Flashed a flashlight at them and they kept coming. I stepped out and told them we were here first and would appreciate it if they would back out and respect our area. The big guy basically told me to F0ff, because it was public ground and they could do what they wanted.

Tried the angle of respecting another, and it almost got into a fight. Decided to just pack it in and go to the house. I hate public ground hunting.

Yes, they were legal according to the law, but piss poor sportsmen.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to harvest a gobbler yesterday with my cross bow..My buddy set up behind me and was calling with a box call and we had a pretty nice gobbler come in and played the game real well. The only thing I done wrong was shoot over him..He just wasn't near as far as I thought he was and I was afraid to use my range finder because I was afraid he would see me..He actually just walked off in some brush but was't really spooked at all...I was able to reload and my buddy started calling again..Three jakes showed up and started carrying on and then all at once the mature bird came running back out in the same opening where I had missed him a few minutes earlier..He made a pretty bad mistake this time..He only ran about 40 yards and made for an easy recovery...It was a really good hunt and my first with any type of archery. My photo bucket account is not working and so maybe my ole buddy DennisHoddy will post a picture for me this morning...VIKING

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_04_08_a51d4f37f2295618bae2efbb7f2d01f5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom