2016 controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my wife and i drew for altus, My daughter drew for the youth there as well.
Never been in that area, but know there are some good deer around there.. same thing, if anybody knows about the place, i would love a little help!
If you got drawn for Lugert hunting area, the lake is full this year, leaving a thin strip on the NW side of the lake, and any pressure drives the deer right off the hunting area onto prison property.
There is a wider strip of land north of the lake, but the deer can easily go off the hunting area onto private land, which is posted. The bowhunters hit Lugert pretty heavily.
The huge deer that was taken in this area that got everybody fired up about Altus was said to have been poached off posted private land on the Salt Fork, nowhere near the public hunt area.
Good luck.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
www.richard_seaman.com_Aircraft_AirShows_Nellis2007_Highlights_ZeroNellis07.jpg

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you got drawn for Lugert hunting area, the lake is full this year, leaving a thin strip on the NW side of the lake, and any pressure drives the deer right off the hunting area onto prison property.
There is a wider strip of land north of the lake, but the deer can easily go off the hunting area onto private land, which is posted. The bowhunters hit Lugert pretty heavily.
The huge deer that was taken in this area that got everybody fired up about Altus was said to have been poached off posted private land on the Salt Fork, nowhere near the public hunt area.
Good luck.[/QUOTE
i said altus, but i meant atoka...lol oops

chefhunter

New to the site!
Reaction score
this would be him! the one and only famous deer photographer. i do contract work also if any of you would like top quality buck pocs plz let me know!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom