38 Spec +P

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion on some good SD ammo for it? I looked at Sportsworld and saw some Powerball? ammo, did not know anything about it, bought some Hornady Critical Defense for now. Does Golden Sabre have an ammo for it?

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you reload, a 148 grain hollow base wad cutter loaded upside down to around 780-800fps is probably as lethal as anything with lots of stopping power, lots cheaper too and you can control the quality, After reading some of the posts on primers falling out and mis marked cases etc. I think I will stick to my loads.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hornady Critical Defense, and Pow R Ball all work on the same concept. They are loaded with a synthetic insert inside the "hollow" of the bullet. The concept is the best of both worlds, the non clogging of a solid bullet, with the expansion of a hollow point.

OologahBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion on some good SD ammo for it? I looked at Sportsworld and saw some Powerball? ammo, did not know anything about it, bought some Hornady Critical Defense for now. Does Golden Sabre have an ammo for it?

Yes they do have Golden Sabre for it I have a some. When we go shoot I'll let you shoot a couple to see if you like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom