38 Spec +P

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you reload, a 148 grain hollow base wad cutter loaded upside down to around 780-800fps is probably as lethal as anything with lots of stopping power, lots cheaper too and you can control the quality, After reading some of the posts on primers falling out and mis marked cases etc. I think I will stick to my loads.

I would have a lot of interest in seeing ballistics info on this load. It's my understanding that range/penetration are issues with this. I know one person who swears by it, but he has never shot anything with it.

Several other apparently knowledgable folks have told me it sounds a lot better than it is. I consider it to be in the "experimental" realm, and don't want to experiment with carry loads. CB

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would have a lot of interest in seeing ballistics info on this load. It's my understanding that range/penetration are issues with this. I know one person who swears by it, but he has never shot anything with it.

Several other apparently knowledgable folks have told me it sounds a lot better than it is. I consider it to be in the "experimental" realm, and don't want to experiment with carry loads. CB

Thats exactly what it is. The lead of the 148gr WC is to soft for trying to get it to work opposite of its design, lots of tree's have been destroyed writing about doing this, and then the results on paper, in gel, what have you. The only way to make it work is if you cast your own bullets, and cast those hard, or better yet use a DEWC. Its not going to expand, but it is gonna leave a nasty hole for the juice to run out of.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ya... but every bullet has a lawyer attached to it
heaven forbid you have to shoot someone....there will be questions!

handloads automatically raise issues easily avoided by using stock ammo. what little you gain by reloading SD rounds IMHO is simply not worth it.

I roll my own with Hornady XTP. Make em like I want em! :thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom