Air Force CMSgt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they contract your job out to third country nationals and you never worked in your rating, it's pretty screwed up.
I never had that problem. Not quite, anyway. I started out as an aircraft mechanic, but got bunged up a bit and had to either retrain or get out not even two years into my career. They offered 10% disability. Which was, A., not even beer money, and B., they don't start paying you until you exceed 20% disability. So nope, I retrained into Still Photography. Did that for right at 10 years. Got promoted to TSgt in 1983. And chained to a desk. In 1985, they decided the career field had too many TSgt's. Offered to let me retrain again. And I said Sure! Did my last 12 years in SATCOM. About the time I retired, they killed Still Photography as a career field, and switched to cheap digital cameras with an additional duty public affairs person in the units. 3rd party, but not a different nationality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom