Alright, alright, alright.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A group that has been trying to get me some help to afford all my meds that I have been having to skip has had a group contact us that does home repair. They are coming out next month to pull all our old carpet and put down flooring. Repair some bad windows and the rear door. Even going to replace the front hall floor and do some yard work I can never get to.

I am going to try and remove the tile in the front hall since they were just going to put the flooring over it. Anyone have an suggestions on ways to make it easier? I thought I would just get down in the floor with a putty knife and start at a loose corner. Anyone know an easier way?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Home Depot rents these
5B30D79B-F77F-46CC-904B-3B4D62C40048.png

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
…Anyone have a suggestions on ways to make it easier? I thought I would just get down in the floor with a putty knife and start at a loose corner. Anyone know an easier way?

Craftsman may have a lawn mower attachment for that.

:bolt:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea leave it unless there are doors that will not close due to the carpet being too high.But you can cut the door bottom off but not advisable on a front or rear entry door due to the seal at the door bottom will now need moved also.

But for easier removal of vinyl tile heat it up with hair drier or heat gun.
Now you will have a super sticky mess under it all and that will collect every dingleberry in the house.
Like peas under the carpet pad or new tile no good.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea leave it unless there are doors that will not close due to the carpet being too high.But you can cut the door bottom off but not advisable on a front or rear entry door due to the seal at the door bottom will now need moved also.

But for easier removal of vinyl tile heat it up with hair drier or heat gun.
Now you will have a super sticky mess under it all and that will collect every dingleberry in the house.
Like peas under the carpet pad or new tile no good.
They are going to put "wood" flooring down there. Not sure how that will be on top of tile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom