Any interest in a Bugout Weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there any WMA's that allow primitive camping as well? Could always do that, and get some group hunting in at the same time, hogs and yotes. ??

Lexington (south of Norman) has camping, but no hogs. You could fish though. Also, anyone stepping foot on a WMA must have a hunting or fishing license or a wildlife conservation pass.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im open to however real ya want it to be. Im just offering up my lease for a weekend. Wanna live out of a BOB, cool. Wanna pitch a tent, cool too. Dont really want RVs or generators.

Id like a couple of informal prepping type classes. Map reading, fire starting, shelter building, first aid.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, Lurker ... I'm not into teaching classes ... However, I will bring sourdough starter and instructions on how to keep it happy and use it to those who are interested. I'll also give a little talk about 5 minute artisan breads (and bring a recipe sheet) for anyone interested. It's a way to have fresh bread on the table for dinner every night without spending 2 to 3 hours kneading, and rising and punching and rising again ...

And I think I might have something laying around here for the kids to play with ... How old a kiddos are we talking about here??

GC has a hunting license, but I don't ... doesn't mean I can't get one, though ... :naughty:

I wanna learn how to fish ... :lookaroun **hint, hint**

Are we gonna do the "community meal" thing again, like we planned last time ... or is it gonna be every man for himself! (I gotta find that other thread so I can re-post my "I ain't your momma" post ... LOL ... Cuz ... well I ain't your Momma ... and neither is subprep ... or SomeCallMeMom ... althought "Mom" makes it hard for me to post that without snickering ... :teehee:)

ETA: Oh, bwahaha! I found it ... I'd post a link to the original thread but it has dates in it and I don't want to confuse anybody ... Speaking of dates, do we have any viable options yet?? Becker ... how's the foot?? Anybody have any dates that are absolutely off the table for any reason??

From the original thread:

"This sounds good to me, but I'm gonna add one more as it appears I may be the only woman** on this camp-out ...

I am NOT your mother, girlfriend, wife or sister, nor am I the pole dancer from DoubleD's. Behave yourselves and clean up after yourselves, otherwise shooterdave (Lurker66) will be the least of your worries." :mean:

Oh, yeah, btw guys ... I still feel pretty much the same way ... Time has not mellowed me one little-iota ... :D

**Hopefully not ... and hopefully I will have little kiddos to play with so you guys will definitely be on your own ...

However, I will still bring homemade bread and cookies ... :)

Last edited:

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we gonna do the "community meal" thing again, like we planned last time ... or is it gonna be every man for himself! (I gotta find that other thread so I can re-post my "I ain't your momma" post ... LOL ... Cuz ... well I ain't your Momma ... and neither is subprep ... or SomeCallMeMom ... althought "Mom" makes it hard for me to post that without snickering ... :teehee:)

HAHAH I hung a sign up in my office like that once, It said Im not your mama, clean up after yourself. Didn't take long before my agents got the hint.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HAHAH I hung a sign up in my office like that once, It said Im not your mama, clean up after yourself. Didn't take long before my agents got the hint.

One of the attorneys I used to work for was a bit of a momma's boy ... Very handsome, very rich family, used to getting his way ... Before I was done with him he'd given me a $900 a month raise just to bring him his cup of coffee in the mornings when he came in ... You should have heard the partners at the firm (he was a lowly associate ... baby attorney fresh outta law school) when they heard that! :mean: :D I didn't get my raise, but I didn't have to take him his coffee either ... :wink2: :rollingla

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Foot is healing up good far as I can tell but I'm no doctor. I go visit him again in week or so I think. Feels TONS better as in I can walk without cane (my remainder of old shovel handle I broke lol) or pain but still in aircast/walking boot per doc orders.....

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im down with a potluck meal. If we cant get anyone to put on a "organized" class then we can "wing it". I mean between a few moms and a few old guys, we oughta be able to start a fire, make a comfy shelter, and feed ourselves. Im sure we can even figger out a way to entertain a few kids.

Dunno if that old pond has any fish in it, its been just bout dry a few times. Dripping springs lake aint too far tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom