Anybody Own A New 2014/2013 Dodge Ram 1500?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's odd. Usually there is more room to play with on the higher MSRP models. I'm a Laramie man myself at least for the wife's vehicle. With young kids a leather seat sure cleans a lot easier than cloth. Now on my work truck, it doesn't matter much.

I thought the same thing. If I can get more off the sticker of the Laramie,.. that would make sense. It's a cheaper upgrade to go to the EcoDiesel from the Laramie because it already has the correct rear end. Big Horn has to upgrade engine and rear end. If I could get a great deal on a Laramie,.. I am sold!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me started with CNG. I think it is a great option,.. especially since I'm in the oil & gas industry,.. but the upfront cost was just a bit too much for me. I know you get a 50% tax break but maybe I'll do it down the road after the new truck price sucker punch to my wallet is healed up. If I was buying a used truck, I would do it and roll the cost into the car loan if I could.
FWIW, my brother has a gas/CNG Chebbie 3/4 ton passenger van (an '03, I think) that his FIL bought at an auction for a song. He can drive from Tulsa to Norman on CNG for the same cost as he could drive his similar-vintage Honda Accord coupe (which he bought for a song--it's amazing what not having working A/C can do to the resale value of a car in Texas :D ).

If it wasn't so damned expensive, I'd add CNG to my F150 and buy a home fueling station...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure but my sales rep told me that Big Horn models get $8k off sticker and Laramie get $7k. Not sure why,... maybe they are trying to move the Big Horns.
That's odd--I wouldn't expect there to be much, if any, knocked off of the sticker on the EcoDiesels, at least not yet. Whether or not there's actual customer demand for them, the dealers think there is, and they're going to be hard to come by for at least a few months. Or are you getting some kind of corporate discount?

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's odd--I wouldn't expect there to be much, if any, knocked off of the sticker on the EcoDiesels, at least not yet. Whether or not there's actual customer demand for them, the dealers think there is, and they're going to be hard to come by for at least a few months. Or are you getting some kind of corporate discount?

No corporate discount. I don't think it has to do with the EcoDiesel,.. it has something to do with the Big Horn model. Who knows, maybe he's just not sure. I haven't even got to that part of the process of making a deal. This has all been over the phone talk so I'm not real sure yet. I'm sure he'll love seeing me walk in with my laptop and a giant Excel spreadsheet open.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't get me started with CNG. I think it is a great option,.. especially since I'm in the oil & gas industry,.. but the upfront cost was just a bit too much for me. I know you get a 50% tax break but maybe I'll do it down the road after the new truck price sucker punch to my wallet is healed up. If I was buying a used truck, I would do it and roll the cost into the car loan if I could.

My spreadsheet is getting larger and larger,....

Went with a 2013 SD CC 4x4 6.2l CNG. It was a demo with 6000 miles, the price was right so I cautiously pulled the trigger. Love the truck, verdict still out on the CNG.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll love seeing me walk in with my laptop and a giant Excel spreadsheet open.
Funny enough, I know a salesman who'd love dealing with you (his preference is for customers who know what's what), but you'd have to be buying a Ford and in SoCal...

Best of luck on your deal!

Latest posts

Top Bottom