Anyone else sick of winter ALREADY???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know, I know, it's not even officially winter.

It's 24ºF outside. I'm sick of it already. F***ing winter just pisses me off. I mean, I walk outside to get into my truck and I am instantly already just pissed off. And we've got 4 more months of this, or more like 6 months of it if it's like last year.

Damnit, I hate winter. My truck is always cold, it doesn't ever seem to warm up to be comfortable. I have remote start, too. Of course, all last year, it wouldn't work if it was below 42ºF, don't ask me why. I had my alarm guy replace the bypass module last week while I was gone because with the colder weather it started malfunctioning again, but that didn't fix the problem. Luckily this new bypass module has tachometer sensing, which he talked me through activating over the phone, and it worked the other night for me. And yesterday morning. We'll see if it keeps up.

But it still annoys me.

I hate winter. I mean, I really f***ing hate it.

Sorry about the language, I just get so pissed off when it's cold... <sigh>. I can't sit out and BBQ, I can't sit out and have a cigar and a drink with the 1 or 2 friends I still have, I'm stuck inside and miserable.

Sorry. :(

<sigh>

/rant

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a friend from Fairbanks Alaska and his family wore fall clothes for many years here in the winter.
I think it was about 8 years before he installed a heater in his house.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Move to Key West?

Boy. I wish. We looked into Ft. Lauderdale, we were really wanting to go - but it just is so damned expensive. And of course, there's a reason. Then we looked into other areas in FL, and basically, we spent a lot of time praying about it - we felt God told us to stay in OK.

And now, I have changed jobs, looking to buy in as a partner in the business, basically means I'm going to be here for the duration. <sigh> Oh well.... believe me, I'd really love to move south. We looked into San Antonio, too, I've got family there.

We lived in South Dakota for a couple of years....really changes your perspective on winter.

I know, but this just illustrates my point - even with the "mild" winters we have here, I am immediately fed up with it at the first sign. I am apparently not the "hardy frontiersman" type.

It just bums me out. Winter sucks. So I come here to vent. I'm not a horrible person (most of the time), I just need to vent a little. <sigh>

And I still dream of moving WAY down south. One of these days, I hope, if I live long enough.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right there with ya, I hate the cold.

tenor.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom