Anyone happen to watch cajun pawn stars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All these people pawning the stuff are fools. If I walked into a pawn shop and they said "I could sell this for $1500 and in order for me to make it worth my while i can only give you $1000 for it." I'd say "Thanks, but no thanks." The immediately get online and list it on Ebay or Armslist for whatever price they said they'd sell it for.
They are all fools, huh?
Interesting yet ignorant viewpoint in my opinion....

I'm reasonably sure someone...probably most folks...who have made that kind of investment in a firearm actually have at least a nominal idea of what the going market rate is for that particular item.
I mean, they *did* buy it in the first place, ya' know...

To be perfectly honest if the retail shop would price it 1.5K (and prolly take a li'l less out the door), then a 1K loan/buy offer actually seems rather generous...definitely not the norm.

Of course it all depends on the particular item in question but generally speaking that scenario indicates a profit margin much lower than is common....or even reasonable, IMO.

If I walked in and they said "I'd have to price it 1.5K so I can only give you 1K cash for it", I'd consider it to be one of the better places to do business with.....I think most people would.

The people tend to forget where they are. They are in a pawn shop . Unless you need to sell something fast because you need money right away medications, make rent or car payment. Other than that I would look for a different place to sell things.
Exactly.
It's not like a person is *stuck* having to sell it to the pawn shop.
And besides....they have the option of redeeming the item in the event they just needed a temporary loan.

I bet that they downplay values when it's not on TV

Yeah....as I was reading the "We should buy a bunch and go cash in down there" type posts, I was wondering if those members realize that there is a fair amount of "Hollywood" injected into the listed prices....as with every other aspect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom