Anyone have 4 door silverado?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a 97 short wide z71 that has been good. Drips a little oil and it's needed some TLC but it runs good and the 5.7 is a better motor than the newer 5.3. I'm getting ready to do the breaks at 150k and it leaks a little oil that is probably valve cover gaskets. Just gave it a complete tune up and k&n filter and it'll break the tires loose on dry pavement now. I'm happy with it. Once I get the breaks done I'm probably gonna put a complete header back exhaust on it. Eventually I'll put a bigger cam in and maybe some heads. Should be a good toy for a long time.

Hope you don't brake anything when you do your breaks..... :)

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an 04 Titan Crew Cab with 190,000 on it. The first repair was at about 150k, the rear axle seal was leaking and that part was about 40 bucks. The next repair was at 180K, the driver power window failed and that cost $480, and I recently replaced a front tie rod and the part was about $60, and I still have original plugs, pvc, shocks, struts, and mufflers. The work truck is an 08 Chevy and it has a slightly smoother ride but the steering and handling is like a "Brady Bunch" station wagon. Many interior plastic pieces are broken off and the paint is wearing off the steering wheel and dashboard controls.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
'08 Z71 LT 4 door, has 29K, but would be more if I hadn't missed deer season last year due to surgery.:rolleyes2 No complaints - rides like a nice car on the highway, but pretty stiff off road. Mine gets petted pretty well, so no true test as a work or hardcore off-road truck.

I'm a Chevy guy all the, but I really wanted a Tundra this time. I didn't buy one because the sales staff at the OKC dealership didn't know a thing about trucks and the Norman dealership had some kind of 'forners' working there that acted like they were going to hold me hostage.:NO: Glad I didn't get a Tundra now after all the bad reports I've heard.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom