Anyone interested in an AR build-party?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New to the AR platform and do not know much about the differences in parts/quality/function, but thinking about one. Where can we get real information of what might fit us without the marketing hype? Bottom line for me, how do we figure out what to bring to assemble?

Bring a blank check to fatboys and take pile of parts to tridiot

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds great!

What is a good mid-price range manufacturer for barrels? Also, I plan to get the upper & lower cerekoted, is it best to leave them stripped for that process?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds great!

What is a good mid-price range manufacturer for barrels? Also, I plan to get the upper & lower cerekoted, is it best to leave them stripped for that process?

I would have the coating done first, yes.

PSA has some barrels that are nice, not cheap, but made by FN. FBT has farging GREAT prices right now on nitrided barrels that are a damn steal!

gldnflash23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New to the AR platform and do not know much about the differences in parts/quality/function, but thinking about one. Where can we get real information of what might fit us without the marketing hype? Bottom line for me, how do we figure out what to bring to assemble?

Couldn't have said it better myself. I will be purchasing AR parts right after Christmas. Count me in for the build and I'll take any suggestion you all got before hand

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The suggestions for parts are probably best for another thread. But by all means start one. Unfortunately Black Friday is past because there were some pretty fantastic deals.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself. I will be purchasing AR parts right after Christmas. Count me in for the build and I'll take any suggestion you all got before hand

I'll send you a copy of the PM I've sent to a couple of others with my personal take on parts - maybe it'll help you get started.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I looked at my schedule and it looks like if it has to be on a Sunday, and has to be after Christmas, I've got a couple options like the 10th and 17th. But the 17th would be better for me, since I get paid the 15th. Otherwise I work every Sunday. I could do the 24th, but would have to leave by 5PM to make it to work.

So... those are my best dates. First choice is the 17th, 24th is doable.

If we want to do it in Feb, I need to put in off requests today, or I have to wait till that schedule comes out and see what I have. That won't happen until sometime in mid-Jan is my guess.

Anyone got other dates/suggestions? And of course, we can always do this again a few months later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom