Anyone interested in an AR build-party?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there an official sign up sheet or do we just show up? I should have all my parts for my build by then. My problem will be not assembling it as soon as I get them all.

This has been my problem... I'm like an addict with a fresh bottle of pills.

No sign up sheet per se. Look for a post going up this week with all the details about time, place, etc. You guys can msg me with questions or post in that thread (or this one).

Anyone is welcome to bring a lower with LPK, just upper parts, or parts for a whole rifle, whatever you want. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time and people to help out.

I was thinking of meeting around 1PM... this will give people some time for Sunday stuff with the fam in the morning and I expect we'll likely still be headed home pretty early. Unless people wanna stick around and shoot the breeze or go get eats or a beer or whatever. I'm pretty open that day. If you guys want to do it earlier, I'm ok with that, too.

We could order some pizzas, sandwiches from Firehouse, bring food of our own or just skip the whole food thing, altogether. I could probably smoke a couple of pork butts or a few racks of ribs if we wanted to go that route. I'm always up for that. lol

Keep in mind, the more table space we allocate to food, the less table space for assembly. But I don't expect it's going to be a huge problem, either way.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll need a lower to install the LPK into.
:)
I bought the lower last month. I just got the idea about building it out the day I wrote the post.

Would there be a problem with me showing up around 1:30-2:00 PM? I go to have lunch with my mother-in-law every Sunday at about noon.

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This would be fun to just come and be involved. I built one many years ago with screws. Had to harden rails in the oven. Was single back then. used some stuff from Brownells. Can't remember now what its called. Was fun. Family changed all that.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a problem to come and go any time if you want. Come and lend a hand, even if you're not building a rifle or something of your own. Lend a hand, give pointers, learn new techniques, etc. And just hanging out.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
1pm would probably be a good start time, as that would give those that attend church services time to get there.

That's what I was thinking.... unless they're coming from several hours away. But you can't be all things for all people. We can always do this again in a few months, too. I know my neighbor wanted to come, but he's going to be in FL for vaca, so I don't feel to feckin' sorry for him. lol

Look for the official announcement with consolidated details tonight or tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom