Anyone into Wet Shaving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^

A few of the disposable are decent, but very few.

Wif bought a pack of Dollar Store disposable. Talk about crap. I throw blades away that sharper than that crap right out of the package. Felt like a weedeater ripping at my neck.

I had a beard from HS till I was 28yo. Company changed to a no beard policy, supposedly an OSHA respirator thing, Daughter had never seen me without. She was in 2nd grade, came in from school and started screaming for Mom. Would look at me sideways, for a couple days
Never lost the 'stache, though.
Haha! This happened at our house, too! Daddy grew a bread for some reason. Had it while mom was preggers with kid #6 and after for a couple if years she so she had never seen him without it. He decided to surprise mom (she bitched about it constantly) and shaved at work. My God the screaming when he picked my sister up and tried to give her a kiss! Good Lord. He had to sleep on the sofa that night because she wouldn't leave my mother's side and slept in the master bedroom with her. Sheesh ... What a cluster for a day or two.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha! This happened at our house, too! Daddy grew a bread for some reason. Had it while mom was preggers with kid #6 and after for a couple if years she so she had never seen him without it. He decided to surprise mom (she bitched about it constantly) and shaved at work. My God the screaming when he picked my sister up and tried to give her a kiss! Good Lord. He had to sleep on the sofa that night because she wouldn't leave my mother's side and slept in the master bedroom with her. Sheesh ... What a cluster for a day or two.
My dad didn’t have a full beard but had a mustache the entire time when I was growing up he decided to randomly shave it off one day and my older sister who was around middle school cried because he looked completely different.

scramp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t think I’d say I’m “in to” wet shaving since that’s all I’ve ever done….and I’m 56. I normally use my grandfather’s Gillette safety razor but from time to time I’ll grab his grandfather’s Prince straight razor. I have my dad’s USMC issued to him in ‘63 or one of a bunch of razors that have been handed down through the centuries. I have one straight razor from the late 1700s but it’s a bit too rough to use on my face. I just use it as a letter opener. 😉 View attachment 506818
View attachment 506827View attachment 506828View attachment 506826

We went to Norfolk , VA to get our global entry customs cards interview. They have a museum dedicated to General McArther there. His travel bag had a case that held 6 straight razors and I wondered why. After some research we found it was common for the well to do to have that many. They would use them when traveling and turn them over to their valet to resharpen. Back in the day, a good razor was a weeks wages.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ivory soap and a 5 blade Gillette flex-head razor. I shave in the shower and only once a week or so. I can grow enough beard to manage to look like I belong under I 240 & Penn with a sign that says, "Please help. God bless."

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to patronize a place in KC called "Soul Patch" ran by some hot looking women. A rockabilly, rat rods, fine rides and vintage motorcycle atmosphere. Local brewery tap, top shelf liquor and cigars. Men's accessory boutique. Very well ran business.
Hot towel shave on my birthday by smokin hot tattoo doll, good for my mojo.
I need a go fund me to do that these days

I need some of this in my life

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^

A few of the disposable are decent, but very few.

Wif bought a pack of Dollar Store disposable. Talk about crap. I throw blades away that sharper than that crap right out of the package. Felt like a weedeater ripping at my neck.

I had a beard from HS till I was 28yo. Company changed to a no beard policy, supposedly an OSHA respirator thing, Daughter had never seen me without. She was in 2nd grade, came in from school and started screaming for Mom. Would look at me sideways, for a couple days
Never lost the 'stache, though.
Same here. Wife had never seen me without a beard until going to work at the power plant where respirators and such had to be used.
Said she felt guilty while engaging in certain relations for a couple of weeks. Still rock the big stash though. We were in the first group going into basic training that allowed one to keep the stash and a little bit of hair. Started the stash in High School and will go to my grave wearing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom