Anyone play REAL airsoft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Misc_e2f68780.jpg

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, but orange tips would give away their positions and it wouldn't be tactiCOOL! Gotta admit it does sound kinda fun though if you played close quarters in a building.

One thing I've actually heard is that the orange tip is only required as a federal shipping regulation. Once you actually take possession of the airsoft, you are free to remove the orange tip.

Plenty of these airsoft sites now also sell plastic knock-off flash hiders and suppressors.

Example: http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-silencer-flash-hider-short-p-3230.html

awww.brotherprice.com_ebphoto_aabb_20pdw_20kac_20Silencer_20a.jpg

I could see airsoft as a fun way to seriously trick out an AR without the huge investment. In fact, you could use it as an "appearance configuration" platform because most real AR components you can buy for "real steel" have been copied (sometimes illegally) into airsoft form. Then, you'll know how the AR would feel in terms of bulkiness, usability, etc.. and then buy the actual thing.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recognize.

Word up, Tanner.

Why not just man up and take the hit at close range from a paint ball gun? No question when you get hit, and it kinda goes bang. When I played on the dad's team, vs. my kids football team, I came to understand how out of shape I really was. Something about the pain of the hit makes you move a little faster, I think.

What, you don't like welts?

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Word up, Tanner.

Why not just man up and take the hit at close range from a paint ball gun? No question when you get hit, and it kinda goes bang. When I played on the dad's team, vs. my kids football team, I came to understand how out of shape I really was. Something about the pain of the hit makes you move a little faster, I think.

What, you don't like welts?

Exactly, in painball there is a "fear" of being hit. More than just "crap, I'm out of the game" but a real desire to avoid pain. That gets your adrenaline going.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
REAL AIRSOFT- Isn't that like a paradox or dividing by zero or something.

Paintball is where its at. Having hung out with both groups, I can safely say you run into a lot less people that go way overboard in paintball than airsoft. Most of your paintball guys (even the senario crowd) realize its just a game. A surprisingly large number of airsoft players i've run into think they really have what it takes to be a super hooah hooah hardcore NavySEALGreenBeret'dRangerSniper.

Yeah.... no. Not only is it retarded, but its insulting and offense to ones that actually have served.

If you can keep it a game, thats fine, but just dealing with those jerkoffs is a PITA i would rather not deal with.

I have never played paintball .... is it as fun as it looks??

Someone want to let me go shoot them and see if I like it? Wormy?!?!

I have been playing paintball for going on 15 yrs now. I have several guns and a couple cases of paint hanging around. I'd be glad to let you try them out. And i'm completely down to take a hit, it doesn't really hurt that bad. I can give you directions to the fields here, tell you who to talk to and get you pointed in the right direction for what gear would work best in your price range and where to buy. I'm sure we could even work out for you to borrow some of my gear and go play a day without having to rent.

Let me know if you really are interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom