Ar parts switch ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which parts do you need to change out in differant cal uppers with 223 lower ?
ie buffers, bcg
7.62 x39
300 acc
6.8 spc
9mm

7.62x39 - barrel, mag, bcg, dedicated lower options for different mags. Not sure on buffer. No experience with this caliber in AR.

300 AAC Blackout - barrel. Everything else is same as .223. Just remember that 300 blk gas spikes faster and has different gas pressure than 5.56, so carbine gas length is ONLY for 16"+ uppers. Pistol length gas for anything smaller than 16". Same buffer, but depending on barrel length might start with carbine buffer.

6.8spc - barrel, bcg. There are dedicated mags to hold 30 rounds and make it feed more reliable. Otherwise, you can fit about 26 rounds in a standard AR mag. Magpul is making a dedicated 6.8 mag, but it requires a bigger lower and they're working with LWRCi on this for the custom 6.8 PDW SBR. I assume anything from carbine - h2 buffer depending on barrel length, ect.

9mm - bcg, barrel, mags, heavy 9mm buffer.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only had my newest 7.62x39 out twice about 100-150 rounds per time with a h2 buffer
going to try a h3 next. Make sure your using a stock or heavy hammer spring to have enough
hammer strike for those hard suplus primers. Using stoner mags from midway and they work pretty good.
have a promag and its a pos.
Be advised it kicks harder and when you switch back to 223 you will think your shooting a 22lr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom