Ar15 14.7” barrel question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I have zero H anything on my ARs except one, and it's an Enidine I've had for 12 years. It's not heavy but it slows the cyclic rate considerably, so it acts the same. Some of my guns have thousands of rounds on them and I use them for demos for NV stuff. Only time I've had a malfunction is when they run dry.

I do have H2s on all my SR platforms.

IMO, it doesn't matter unless you are screwing with the gas port or running HBARs in Afghanistan.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have zero H anything on my ARs except one, and it's an Enidine I've had for 12 years. It's not heavy but it slows the cyclic rate considerably, so it acts the same. Some of my guns have thousands of rounds on them and I use them for demos for NV stuff. Only time I've had a malfunction is when they run dry.

IMO, it doesn't matter unless you are screwing with the gas port or running HBARs in Afghanistan.
Cool, thats what I need to know.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Interesting. I only have 3 with standard carbine buffers, one with a rifle tube, and the rest but one have H1’s in them. I should clarify that all of them have had a can on them at one point. I do have a Colt 11.5” with an X-buffer. It stays suppressed, and it would NOT make it through 10-20 rounds without a malfunction. The worst was anything 5.56, but .223 still wasn’t reliable. It would have been ok with an H2 unsuppressed, but for its purpose a can makes sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom