Arsenal Buyers Remorse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PigEater

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I was looking to jump ship from the AR world and go to the dark side with an AK. I figured it would be a good bet to start off with a round I was used to, so I bought the SLR106F chambered in 5.56. Huge mistake. It's just been sitting in my closet, still haven't used it. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredibly well built rifle and feels really comfortable in the hand, but I just want a 7.62. Now I'm trying to get rid of it and running into people having the same thoughts as me I would guess. Where have people had good luck selling rifles? I've had lots of luck on armslist with selling ARs I built, but nobody is biting for my Arsenal. Should I just keep it? Lol just seems like a waste now.

rightside

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anything much is selling right now, especially AR's and related weaponry, unless you want to give it away. Super glut from all the frenzied buying a few years ago.JMO

PigEater

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anything much is selling right now, especially AR's and related weaponry, unless you want to give it away. Super glut from all the frenzied buying a few years ago.JMO
I think you are right. My rifle is priced pretty damn good, and not a single nibble. I had one guy offer me a straight across trade for a type 56 norinco, and then disappeared! Not a word since.

PigEater

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job at listing your rifle without having to use the classifieds :)

a 556 AK is like a 7.62x39 AR...just doesn't seem right.

Haha didn't mean to at all! Just hoping for some insider tips and tricks. The lady is getting onto me to sell it :P and I want something that will reach out and punch something harder.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had luck with the gun groups on Facebook. You sometimes have to deal with some crazy trade requests or low ball offers but you'll eventually get what you want out of it.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
As far as 5.56 on the AK platform goes, I like what I've seen of these M85 NP's for the price:

Good low budget option for the AR platform people looking to get introducedseduced to the AK platform for under $500 without any caliber creep or extra magazine expense.

Probably would've been easier to sell than the Arsenal to the AR experimental AK buyer types if someone decides the AK platform isn't their thing.

If Century started making these as rifles and kept the street price below $600 they'd probably sell a ton of them.

I'd replace the hinged cover with an aftermarket option that has a better rear sight or maybe try to modify the factory dust cover myself to accept tech-sights if I owned one, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom