Be careful how you post in the classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My wife gave me 200.00 earlier as an early Christmas gift so I could buy a gun on here I've been wanting and I opened up osa went to the classifieds and damn that sucker is 2 times the price today.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
So there was a $200 gun here that didn't sell?

Did it have a fluorescent orange barrel tip?[emoji16]

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THEN those “OTHERS” you speak of ARE ALL FOOLS! Its real simple if I sell it today what is my replacement cost? That’s the way capitalism works, its unfortunate that prices are as high as they are but its not going to get any better and if you were fortunate enough to buy ALOT of ammo these last 4 years (and I am one of those people) well then you made a sound investment and NOBODY should be shamed for selling ammo at market pricing. If they have some to spare and want to sell, then they should be able to do so with out all you pearl clutchers calling them low life scum EVERYTHING, in our economy works this way, oils/gas, gold, silver, you name it its what made America what is used to be. I have 9mm in there that I paid 17 cents around and some 25 cents and some 45 cents an none of it matters except what it would cost me to replace it today........

You can try to sell it for whatever you want, but people do not have to buy it or think highly of you.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can try to sell it for whatever you want, but people do not have to buy it or think highly of you.
I dont need idiots like those people to think anything of me, it will be a currency in the years to come just like silver or gold coins (that we all buy low to sell high) I will likely not sell mine but if I do it WILL BE for current prices at the time I sell it. You knuckleheads are making the mistake of thinking this shortage will go away soon, it wont its here most likely for good

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't think these panic prices with stick around for long. Definitely not the new norm.
Depends on where you measure for long. One of our distributors did two years of previous sales in four days. I read something about federal saying if nobody purchased a single round they still couldn’t catch up for an entire year.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and no. Sure you can charge $1 a round for what you paid 25 cents for and some people will think you a great business man, while most others will think you low life scum like the bunch at Cheaper Than Dirt.
But your ammo is the most expensive, since you're not selling it. Actually you would sell it; just at prices even higher than those you denigrate. Are you lower than the scum?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think there should be a minimum 100 post limit to post in the classifieds. It would weed out a number of drive by classified posters.

To the rest, it's capitalism boys. I don't like the situation but it is what it is, supply and demand. We've been through this several times before.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So let's say I have 500 rounds of 9mm I paid 20 cents a round for.

Being the nice guy, I sell it to you for 25 cents per round in these troubled days.

Can I replace it? At what cost?

Selling items at current market value is not "gouging" (a snowflake word if ever there was one).

I do see folks on here attempting to sell stuff for far greater than market value, and if someone wants to buy it, good for both of them. No one is being coerced.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think there should be a minimum 100 post limit to post in the classifieds. It would weed out a number of drive by classified posters.

To the rest, it's capitalism boys. I don't like the situation but it is what it is, supply and demand. We've been through this several times before.
Might not go quite that far but a minimum post count would be something I'd support and for the reason that JD8 says. Personally, I'd go for thirty good posts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom