Be careful how you post in the classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a bit upset with a company that I have bought from for many years, MidWay. They had some ammo for sale....Wow, until I saw the prices. It was rounds I use and not some company with reversed letters and maybe a misspelled word, but normal ammo companies, but like I said, prices were way out there but not as bad as I've seen them. I getting milder in my old age so I just sent an email to customer service. I told them I was a long time customer and they can see my account and not how long and how much I've used them and have always been a happy puppy. MidWay was one of my go to's and shall remain after all this blows over. I told them I was happy to see ammo returning to their place but wouldn't be ordering any until the panic dies down. I asked why the price was almost double for the same bullet/weight/company/etc.? Was it just a demand and profit issue?
They responded the next day telling me that they have been trying to order ammo on a daily basis from the suppliers they have supported for years. Those suppliers are selling to the people that will pay the highest and for long time buyers like MidWay, the increase was what they advertise it for. They even lessened their profit to help. That was very cool. It was a woman in CS that contacted me and gave me all her info if I wanted to call. Who goes that far anymore?
I appreciated that to no end and will go out of my way to buy from them for their honesty. BTW, all that ammo was sold which proves they could have asked anything and sold it but did what they could to keep the cost down to us.
My local gun shop is not gouging either. When they get ammo they take a reasonable profit. They never depend on ammo sales to keep them afloat. They did say that their gun sales have been outstanding.
Just thought I'd pass that along. I think it's the Amish that's hoarding all the bullets.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do realize that it takes two to tango, right? Everybody involved in these deals is a consenting adult making a voluntary exchange, so if someone is willing to pay the sucker price, why do you care?

Life's too damn short to worry about what other folks are doing.

I hear what you’re saying. Loud and clear. But as long as suckers are paying the “stupid” price, the prices will stay stupid. When folks figure out they can’t sell a case of wolf 5.56 for 500.00, the prices will get affordable again. Personally, I don’t care what they do with their money. You know the saying? “A fool and his money?” I am just shocked that in this day and age people fall for it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I will buy all of you 9mm ammo at 35 cent a around , right now tonight how much do you wanna sell? Dont gouge me now with a market price ......anyone wanting to sell?

Even if I had a truck load, I would not sell now no matter the price. If you were not smart enough to stock up that is your problem since right now, no one in their right mind is selling.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if I had a truck load, I would not sell now no matter the price. If you were not smart enough to stock up that is your problem since right now, no one in their right mind is selling.
LOL .....bwahahahahahhahahaha ....... but when they do people here ***** about those people charging the market price am I right ......or am I right ........Aren’t you the guy who said if they are jacking the prices up i put them on ignore? You cant have it both ways brother.

Ammo is from now on a freakin currency, we had better get used to it

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL .....bwahahahahahhahahaha ....... but when they do people here ***** about those people charging the market price am I right ......or am I right ........

Yes and no. Sure you can charge $1 a round for what you paid 25 cents for and some people will think you a great business man, while most others will think you low life scum like the bunch at Cheaper Than Dirt.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and no. Sure you can charge $1 a round for what you paid 25 cents for and some people will think you a great business man, while most others will think you low life scum like the bunch at Cheaper Than Dirt.
THEN those “OTHERS” you speak of ARE ALL FOOLS! Its real simple if I sell it today what is my replacement cost? That’s the way capitalism works, its unfortunate that prices are as high as they are but its not going to get any better and if you were fortunate enough to buy ALOT of ammo these last 4 years (and I am one of those people) well then you made a sound investment and NOBODY should be shamed for selling ammo at market pricing. If they have some to spare and want to sell, then they should be able to do so with out all you pearl clutchers calling them low life scum EVERYTHING, in our economy works this way, oils/gas, gold, silver, you name it its what made America what is used to be. I have 9mm in there that I paid 17 cents around and some 25 cents and some 45 cents an none of it matters except what it would cost me to replace it today........

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing puzzles, guy has a gun that’s been for sale for six months. Add says price reduced, but price is 1k higher than originally listed for. Oh, still for sale???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am just shocked that in this day and age people fall for it.
After people went batsh*t crazy and started buying up all the toilet paper because of concerns about a virus that primarily affects the respiratory system, nobody should be shocked about panic buying of any sort.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife gave me 200.00 earlier as an early Christmas gift so I could buy a gun on here I've been wanting and I opened up osa went to the classifieds and damn that sucker is 2 times the price today.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom