Be careful how you post in the classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might not go quite that far but a minimum post count would be something I'd support and for the reason that JD8 says. Personally, I'd go for thirty good posts.
We just such a rule here years ago, and it was pretty high as I recall. It should have never ended. With Armslist charging people they will filter onto here(those in Oklahoma). I don’t really blame armslist maintaining a system like that isn’t free, maybe supporters at OSA get them free and everyone else pays $1.00 a listing? That will weed some of them out

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So there was a $200 gun here that didn't sell?

Did it have a fluorescent orange barrel tip?[emoji16]
I take 20.00 out of every paycheck and put in my sock drawer and after the first of the year I buy something I want, its almost always gun related. I saw a gun on here a few months ago and a few days ago my wife asked how much more I needed to just buy it now.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I take 20.00 out of every paycheck and put in my sock drawer and after the first of the year I buy something I want, its almost always gun related. I saw a gun on here a few months ago and a few days ago my wife asked how much more I needed to just buy it now.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
that is sad

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The monetary value of something is pretty much whatever it will regularly bring on the open market at a given time. Initial costs are irrelevant.

If someone inherits a thousand rounds of ammo, it cost them nothing. If it's a caliber they don't use, should they then give it away?

How one deals with family/friends is up to each individual. But when money is involved, that's when you may find out who your real friends (and real family) are.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But your ammo is the most expensive, since you're not selling it. Actually you would sell it; just at prices even higher than those you denigrate. Are you lower than the scum?

I would npt sell it and if I did it would be for what I paid, period.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about the guns or ammo I have had long enough that I have no idea what I paid for them? If I want to sell them, I'm gonna' try to figure out what a fair market price is in today's market. I have some rifles I built up that I invested a lot more money in than I originally intended. If I want to sell them, do I have the right to try to recover my cost or should I just sell them for what a mass produced rifle in the same caliber and with the same features would bring? Honestly, I have some rifles that I won't try to sell because I couldn't come close to recovering my investment. They're paid for. I don't have to sell them. If I really get in a bind some day, I might have to sell them, but I will still price them at a fair market value. I ain't having no fire sale. And, if I put something out there that you think I have way over priced, you are free to move along and ignore it. You are also free to make an offer unless I say the price is firm, but don't expect me to give serious consideration to an obvious low ball offer. You're free to shop wherever you want.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would npt sell it and if I did it would be for what I paid, period.

You can't have it both ways. Either you'll sell it, or your price is higher than the market will bear. You're the ultimate neckbeard.

Let's take the example of gas-cans. Suppose I find myself with a pallet of 50 of 'em in the few days before a hurricane - always high gas can demand season. Suppose I don't raise my price. Suppose the first 5 fellers that walk in buy 10 each in a panic (panic being the standard operating environment of those lacking the foresight to anticipate the need for gas cans). What they actually need is 2 each - enough to run a generator for a week or get their family out of town in the 2004 Taurus even if gas stations are closed. Now I'm out of gas cans (and you and many others can't find one) and there are 5 fellas out there who have more then they need.

Now suppose I raise my gas can price from the normal $20 to a more hurricane-reasonable $50. Those first 5 fellas to walk in might only buy 4. Or 3. Or maybe just the 2 they need. So now you and your non plan-ahead buddies can find the gas can you nee.

The words you should be saying are "thank you", not name-calling and hating the very fella providing you with an option.

FYI, RickN, I ain't trying to be smart-alec to you personally, I'm trying to shed some light in this, evidently, dark cave of a subject - money/markets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom