Benchmade assisted opening knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw from a shot show email the new benchmade 490 amicus assisted opener.Sorry, I couldn't copy the image for some reason.Knife looks really nice.i own several of the benchmade switchblades but don't have any experience with the assisted openers.Do any of you have a benchmade assisted knife and if you do how do you like it?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the ones I have. Your best bet is to put your hands on them to see for yourself. Message repete34. He is a stocking dealer and a member here in tulsa.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw from a shot show email the new benchmade 490 amicus assisted opener.Sorry, I couldn't copy the image for some reason.Knife looks really nice.i own several of the benchmade switchblades but don't have any experience with the assisted openers.Do any of you have a benchmade assisted knife and if you do how do you like it?
We have several assisted opening models by benchmade. in stock! The 490 is very popular and have come and gone quickly. I do have more coming though

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an 890 Torrent assisted opening. Great knife and it fired hard, but the scales were a little too slick for my tastes. I ended up letting it go eventually. It had the option of removing the torsion bar to work as a standard opener, which was a nice touch. I like the looks of that 490 and may check one out, but the best one Benchmade ever had is the 805 TSEK. It's the one knife I will never let go, and I've had a dozen or more Benchies. I've even looked for a second as a spare. Sure wish they'd bring it back as an assisted with a slightly more rounded set of scales and more aggressive texturing.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep one in the car that is a little larger than I like to carry everyday. I delayed buying an auto until recently because the assisted opens stronger and as easy as any auto I've handled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom