Best Dang Hot Links

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks awesome; what kind of Thai Basil Sauce? I could eat my weight in Thai food; especially if it has fresh Thai basil and chiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were the ingredients for tonight's steak.... Cooked for 6 hours in the sous vide(in the marinade) at 134 degrees and then seared in a skillet and sliced for consumption.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_23_baresysu.jpg

Edit: I forgot to mention I also added some Melindas Naga jolokia sauce as well. I like my nose running after a good spicy dinner...

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These were the ingredients for tonight's steak.... Cooked for 6 hours in the sous vide(in the marinade) at 134 degrees and then seared in a skillet and sliced for consumption.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_23_baresysu.jpg

Edit: I forgot to mention I also added some Melindas Naga jolokia sauce as well. I like my nose running after a good spicy dinner...

Gotta like the Naga Jolokia...can you imagine that infused in a good hot link? Nom nom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My recent elk sausage venture.

Haven't done them on the smoker yet. Takes about 45 minutes on the stove.

Start with a cold stove and skillet. Toss in the frozen sausage with a little bacon grease and 4 tablespoons of water. Put a tight lid on it and let it go for 15 minutes at 250 degrees, turning once and doing the same for another 15 mins.
Take the lid off, and turn the heat up to brown.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406092101.306900.jpg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously???? That's a helluva long time to smoke sausages, isn't it? I mean, I only do ribs for 3 hours (or less) at 225, armadillo eggs end up done in an hour to an hour and a half. Hmmm... interesting.

Yup, I tend to like them on the well done side, wife likes me to pull some off at about 3 hours for her.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My recent elk sausage venture.

Haven't done them on the smoker yet. Takes about 45 minutes on the stove.

Start with a cold stove and skillet. Toss in the frozen sausage with a little bacon grease and 4 tablespoons of water. Put a tight lid on it and let it go for 15 minutes at 250 degrees, turning once and doing the same for another 15 mins.
Take the lid off, and turn the heat up to brown.

View attachment 40861

Dang Dennis, that looks like a turd.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you one of those steak snobs that doesn't season or spice your meat at all? Plain or travesty... Is that my options?

Absolutely not. I use a marinade that will knock your socks off. I hear "thats the best steak I ever had" a lot.
:nono1:

Tobasco, salt and Pepper are the only things allowed on eggs of any kind. Catsup should be outlawed......

:D

Agree 100% tobasco goes on everything almost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom