best Tulsa BBQ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's hard to be at your best each and every time... but consistently had the best experience with Hickory House. Albert G's does a good job too.

only stopped at Massey's once and it will be my last.
worst BBQ I've ever been served. got served what seems like left over and reheated steamed ribs. yuck!!!

Checked it out today. Good but uninspiring. The BBQ sauce is good, adds flavor to the meat which is what I am having a problem with. Except for some outside flavor, inside it is pretty bland.
Question for the experts. Do they cook the meat first and then smoke it? Is there such a method?
Anybody heard of Massey's in Okmulge? Any good?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's hard to be at your best each and every time... but consistently had the best experience with Hickory House. Albert G's does a good job too.

only stopped at Massey's once and it will be my last.
worst BBQ I've ever been served. got served what seems like left over and reheated steamed ribs. yuck!!!

Consistency does seem to be difficult with BBQ.

I think if you eat at any of the places mentioned on a regular basis you will hit something that isn't up to par.

I've had good and bad at many establishments, when it is bad the first time it makes it tough to go back. Wilson's on 11th was that way for me.....

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Runts in Muskogee had excellent ribs ... but they were closed down last trip thru ... was bummed...drove way out of my way to go there.

someone posted they were opening again

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cotton Eyed Joes in Claremore - Very Good
Masseys in Okmulgee - Very Good
JL's in Pryor - Pretty Good
Legends in Owasso - Better than average
Famous Dave's - Pretty Good for a chain

Don't like:
Trails End in Owasso
Stone Mill in BA
Rib Crib anywhere

Never tried:
Hickory House in Supulpa
Elemers in Tulsa
Billy Simms or Billy Rays

Best Cities for BBQ:
Kansas City
Memphis

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw the okc thread.. thought we should have one as well. I just had Albert G's last night and I LOVE their brisket. You might as well use a spoon to eat it because it falls apart and is so delicious drenched with their bbq sauce.

Any other favorites?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna change it to the tulsa area......My Place BBQ in Muskogee is the gold standard of BBQ. They make BBQ the way it should be. If you take the muskogee turnpike, exit on 69 until you hit okmulgee (near the mcDonalds) hang a right and its about a mile, mile and a quarter down on the right hand side.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dont know about Tulsa proper, but best i've had anywhere is J&L's in Pryor and Fish's in Tahlequah. Roxie's in Tahlequah should get an honorable mention also. everything at J&L's is good, but their beans very well may be the single best food on the planet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom