Black Talon 9mm ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just buy the Ranger SXTs. Basically the same thing. I call them the Caucasian talon. :thumb:
The LEO only version?
I still don't understand why I can't buy some ammo at H&H and other places that say LEO only. I can and have bought the same ammo online without having to produce a ClEET Cert.
In testing some for velocity they aren't particularly a hot load. I can buy the same bullet and reload it faster.
Liability issue?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually, it's just a marketing ploy. I really don't think it's not loaded any hotter than "civilian" ammo.
I don't get why they would want to market ammo that way. When they asked for my card, I replied I didn't' have one and they refused the sale. I went to the parking lot, and it was online for sale to anybody. Same barcode on the box.
Oh well, their loss.
Edit: At the old SW Shooters they had AR's and other rifles that were not full auto that were on a rack for LEO only. Same ones we can buy online.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get why they would want to market ammo that way. When they asked for my card, I replied I didn't' have one and they refused the sale. I went to the parking lot, and it was online for sale to anybody. Same barcode on the box.
Oh well, their loss.
Edit: At the old SW Shooters they had AR's and other rifles that were not full auto that were on a rack for LEO only. Same ones we can buy online.

H&H has several racks of firearms for LE only. The manufacturers provide discounts for officers who have to buy their own firearms. Glock, S&W and Sig are a few that come to mind. I was in there not long ago and saw a Kel-Tec Gen 2 carbine for with the LE rifles. I didn’t know Kel-Tec offered any discounts.

You mentioned SW shooters. Was that during the 94-04 AWB when evil black rifles were being restricted to LE only?

My guess is that some politician paid off the bullet manufacturer for to limit certain types/brands of ammo for gun control reasons. “No civilian should have access to those types of bullets” type of BS.

Or, It could also boost sales and create a buyers panic like upcoming elections.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LEO only version?
I still don't understand why I can't buy some ammo at H&H and other places that say LEO only. I can and have bought the same ammo online without having to produce a ClEET Cert.
In testing some for velocity they aren't particularly a hot load. I can buy the same bullet and reload it faster.
Liability issue?

I wish someone would explain LEO weapons, and LEO ammo to me. I was in the city looking for a particular weapon. HH has it on the LEO shelf, but not on the regular. They wouldn’t let me handle it, or purchase it.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ohhhh that’s cool. What did they cost back in the day? I bet you would pay more now! Lol

It was priced similar or slightly higher than other mainstream self defense ammo of the time.

I think I sold all I had for $2 a round. I’ve seen it go for $2-$5 a round in decent boxes. Mainly to collectors, but some still believe in the mythical powers of it.

It was great in the day of its introduction, but you have to consider the Winchester Silvertip and the Federal Hyda-Shok were the best performing of that era. A few years later the Gold Dot was released. This was a start of the bonded bullet timeline.

Latest posts

Top Bottom