Bourbon on a College Budget

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's turn this one around, a bit. My roommate is turning 21 in a week. As a gag gift, I want to get him the cheapest, worst liquor available. Something so horrible that he won't dare touch it. I want to guilt trip him into drinking it.

If he's got half decent taste buds.. MD 20/20 or Boones Farm...

Even though I don't mind the occasional straight shot of Everclear, I still find those two absolutely disgusting...

You could get him something intended to be mixed, like Martini & Rossi Dry Vermouth. Most college folks (at least, that I knew) don't know what actually makes a martini. Tell him it's a "Dry Martini".

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had the displeasure, had to google that one....... that bad eh?

Oh yeah.....
It was like cheap Vodka mixed with fermented Vinegar...and spit...then strained through an old sweaty gym sock filled with cigarette butts and maggots.
:puke:
ETA:
IIRC it was distilled from rice...apparently rotten rice.

On the upside, they also brought in several cases of VB. :thumb:

Last edited:

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's turn this one around, a bit. My roommate is turning 21 in a week. As a gag gift, I want to get him the cheapest, worst liquor available. Something so horrible that he won't dare touch it. I want to guilt trip him into drinking it.

A $6 bottle of Kentucky Deluxe...I`m pretty sure its made out of diesel fuel and paint thinner. :drink:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A $6 bottle of Kentucky Deluxe...I`m pretty sure its made out of diesel fuel and paint thinner. :drink:

farm7.static.flickr.com_6158_6176205282_49f5f5dc4a.jpg

My thought's exactly. Though some people actually like Crown. Not me.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like Woodford should be the obvious choice. I really enjoy Woodford for the price point you're talking about although according to some on this thread it could be dual purpose. You like it but maybe it would work for something foul for your buddy too. LOL!

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd drop the Jameson for Black Bush or the Bushmills 10 year old single malt personally, the 16 year is also within your price range and dern tasty. With bourbon I stop at Jack and call it good, George Dickel is tasty as well (yes I realize they aren't true bourbons and I'm fine with that).

Latest posts

Top Bottom